˗ˏˋ༻ʚ18ɞ༺ˎˊ˗

MITC has surpassed 1k votes✨

Thanks to everyone who voted on each chapter, y'all are the best. Yeah, I know that I moved updates to Saturdays but seeing that today is Good Friday, I've got a lot of free time so I decided to drop this chapter.

It's long enough, so enjoy 😘

˗ˏˋ༻ʚ♡︎ɞ༺ˎˊ˗

All of a sudden, Toyosi was in the top three, and Romeo dropped to the top four. Soon, Toyosi surpassed Danielle last year by being the second-best in government and the top three in every other subject, putting Danielle at a disadvantage. But there's no surprise in Toyosi's performance. Danielle just got distracted in her press club to focus on her studies.

The things Kim had said to me on my first few days of school continued to swirl in my head. Why did she sound so innocent when she first explained about the class's top students?

She thought she could climb her way up the academy ladder and surpass me in a subject, and I'd just keep quiet. 

I was working my brain too much, and it was giving me a headache. I stared at Mr. Obi's closed door for a while. He shared an office with a couple of other teachers. I raised my head to see the CCTV camera positioned in a corner, then lowered it to the ground and turned to leave.

To obtain insider information that would help her in dealing with the Elites, Danielle decided to tutor Hymn. Did they fight for that reason? She was also the second-best student in the class, only behind Krystian, but got dethroned by Toyosi, but only in Government. 

She thought she could climb her way up the academy ladder and surpass me in a subject, and I'd just keep quiet. 

Those words wouldn't leave my head as I strolled to God knows where. It was impossible to think Mr. Obi was connected to this. Connected to Toyosi's grades in different subjects, but I needed to be sure. 

I stopped on my track as I heard a beautiful melodious tone and decided to follow the sound. It led me to a door with the name 'music club' on it. The very club Hymn had been trying to convince me to join. It wasn't time for club and sports, so I was surprised someone was in there. I opened the door slightly to peer in, only to see Hymn in it. Of course. We didn't have classes this period, so it was normal to see him spend his free time on things he loved. I opened the door further, catching his attention. He stopped his fingers from hitting the keys on his keyboard as he offered me a friendly smile. 

"Delphine," 

"Hymn," I said as I entered the room, attempting to seem normal. I scanned the area and noticed the different instruments. I chose to play the solfa notes after grabbing a recorder that was lying on a desk.

"You know your music," I laughed and placed down the recorder. 

"It's simple; trust me, I can't do anything musically related." Hymn laughed warmly and gestured for me to move closer. 

"I remembered you saying you prefer the keyboard over the guitar in real life." I nodded, surprised he remembered that. "Want to learn 'Mary has a little lamb'?" 

"Are you for real?" I needed scolding. I should be weary of people like him and his friends. At least for now. 

He nodded. "Do you?" 

Well, it wasn't like he knew my identity or anything. And it wasn't like he could kill me in a room like this. 

Danielle was killed in a room. 

I moved away from him as though an electric shock had hit me. "I'm fine." I smiled at him, trying not to show how nervous I was.

"Are you sure?" Hymn tried to check on me, stepping forward to put his hands on my shoulder. The door opened at that very moment, and we both turned to see Ore. Ore's stunned eyes darted between Hymn and me.