˗ˏˋ༻ʚ7ɞ༺ˎˊ˗

This chapter is dedicated to mish-girl0221 enjoy ✨

˗ˏˋ༻ʚ♡︎ɞ༺ˎˊ˗

Kim couldn't get a full response yesterday about her flyers being pasted, but right before the last period, Toyosi walked over to our seat to inform her that she'd gotten permission from the vice principal. Now we were in our sportswear, with me in Red House and Kim in Green House, as we both taped the flyers on the notice board.

"I knew the VP would approve," she started as I handed her more flyers. "Debate club is the only beneficial extra-curricular activity in this school."

"Isn't that looking down on the others?" She stretched out her hand, and I handed her another flyer.

"No, it's not," she said, taking another flyer from me to paste on the board. I wasn't sure how many she was meant to paste, because one for me was okay. "I'm just stating a fact."

"No matter how many times you tell her that the debate club isn't all that, she won't listen." We both turned, only to see Romeo approaching us. "I've watched other people try."

"Hey Romeo," I acknowledged him, while Kim completely ignored him as she turned back to what she was doing.

"Hey," he responded. I took a look at his sportswear and smiled a bit, knowing he was in Yellow House. I was in Yellow House in my previous school.

"Where are you headed?" I questioned.

"To the field," he answered, eyeing the flyers Kim was focused on. "I'm going to football practice. Aren't you supposed to be heading there? You are meant to meet Mr. Akpan, right?"

"How did you know about that?" I questioned, handing Kim yet another flyer.

"Overhead, you telling her," he nudged his chin in Kim's direction. "Now is a great time."

"Don't you see she's helping me?" Kim finally turned. "Why don't you go practice football? And I hope Krystian beats you while you're at it."

"No one cares about your debate club, not even the school," Romeo responded coldly. "They don't even bother hosting debate events or finding competitions for your club to go to. Work on that first."

Kim's face turned grim as she turned to face the board. Romeo completely ignored her and focused on me instead. "Are you coming or not?"

I looked at Kim, who'd fallen quiet and was looking somewhat sad, before placing the remaining flyers close to her feet. "I've got to go, Kim."

"Good luck," she voiced out. It wasn't my fault. I wasn't interested in her debate club. Running kept me sane, and I needed that if I wanted to remain in this school to uncover the truth. She had two more members in her club, right? She should just call one of them to help out.

"Let's go," I said to Romeo, and we both turned, leaving Kim behind. We started walking silently until we got to the back of the school. "Can you stay sane being on the same team as Krystian?"

"Why's that?" He questioned.

"I mean, you've got an unspoken competition with him."

"I've got no unspoken competition with him," Romeo tried to defend himself. "Who said that?"

Said everyone with eyes? I wasn't sure who was the top student in class, but I was pretty sure Krystian and Romeo were close to that position. They answer pretty much every question in class. Teachers trust either of them to perform tasks, irrespective of the fact that Kim was the class rep. Now that they were both on the football team, I wasn't sure how that was going to work.