˗ˏˋ༻ʚ11ɞ༺ˎˊ˗

This chapter is dedicated to Omotoyi

˗ˏˋ༻ʚ♡︎ɞ༺ˎˊ˗

I climbed down from the Keke as I stretched out the two hundred naira to the driver before turning to the gate. I couldn't help but think about what happened at school today.

Kim had returned to class with a sad face, refusing to talk to me. Minutes later, the Elites showed up, and Toyosi decided to do the honours of filling the class in on what went down in the nurse's office. Apparently, Krystian was taken to the hospital for a proper examination and medication.

I got to the front door and tried the doorknob before opening the door with the house key. Yes, we had a security man, but my sister usually made sure we locked the doors when going out. We all had our keys to help.

I got into the house and proceeded for the stairs, but stopped when I saw a blue file resting on the dining table. I creased my brows as I abandoned the stairs and went to the dining table instead. I wasn't sure what the file was. I opened the file out of curiosity, only to see different figures in it. Flipping through the pages, I got to understand the content of the file. This was the company's financial statement, and the zeros leaving the company were alarming.

"What are you doing?" I looked at the front door to see Trust was about closing it. I was so engrossed in the content of this file that I didn't hear him come in. He looked at the file that was currently closed in my hands. "What is that?"

Instead of answering him, I placed the file back on the dining table and headed for the stairs. It was clear he wasn't home, considering the door was locked minutes ago. I was sure it must have been Mr. Ambrose. He was the only outsider working in the company who had a spare key. Trust was currently working as the acting CEO and was meant to have an idea of this before being sent to the house.

I shook my head as I got into my room and closed the door behind me. I had a lot on my mind right now, and it hurt to add more. I flung my backpack into a corner and moved to my reading table to get my sticky notes and pen. I needed to take notes on my findings and possibly gut feelings so I wouldn't lose track.

I kneeled at the foot of my bed as I began writing on separate sticky notes.

𝓚𝓻𝔂𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓪𝓷
𝓜𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓿𝓮: 𝓚𝓲𝓵𝓵𝓮𝓭 𝓓𝓪𝓷𝓲𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓮 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓯𝓮𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼.

𝓣𝓸𝔂𝓸𝓼𝓲
𝓜𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓿𝓮: 𝓖𝓸𝓽 𝓓𝓪𝓷𝓲𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓮 𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝔂 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝓼𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓭 𝓚𝓻𝔂𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓪𝓷 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓽𝓸 𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓮𝓵𝓯.

𝓞𝓻𝓮
𝓜𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓿𝓮: 𝓒𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓓𝓪𝓷𝓲𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓮 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝓼𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓪 𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓽𝓮𝓪𝓶. 

𝓗𝔂𝓶𝓷
𝓜𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓿𝓮:?

I grabbed the four sticky notes and moved them to the side of the wardrobe so I could place them one after the other. I had chosen the side of the wardrobe facing the direction of my bathroom because it was harder for someone to see what was pasted on it from my room's door or even from my bed and reading corner.

I looked at the sticky notes that had the name Krystian on them and his motive before pasting them. Danielle did say Krystian had a crush on a girl outside the group's circle. She might not have mentioned who the person was because she had no idea, but my biggest hunch was pointing at Danielle. It all made sense if it was her. He probably liked her, and she'd rejected him, which forced him to kill her out of anger, which explained why he was the first to see her body.