˗ˏˋ༻ʚ3ɞ༺ˎˊ˗

This chapter is dedicated to Just_Gamma I can't say it will cheer you up since the first three chapters are kind of depressing, but enjoy❤️

˗ˏˋ༻ʚ♡︎ɞ༺ˎˊ˗

Unlike the usual interrogation room in the station, which was dark and contained a desk with a lamp on it and two chairs facing each other, the school's guidance counsellor's office was different.

The inspector had taken his spot on the counsellor's seat, and the female police officer was seated on one of the visitors' seats with a notepad in hand and a recording tape on the desk. One after the other, students came in and got questioned by both officers, with the counsellor and principal present, just in case something out of the ordinary happened.

"How would you describe your classmate, Danielle?" The inspector asked, his scrutinising gaze on the pretty girl sitting across from him. She was Toyosi, and she wanted to be anywhere but here. The inspector could sense that, but there was no way he'd grant her desires if she didn't give him something substantial.

"Like every classmate?" Toyosi shrugged, pulling her fingers to her teeth, something she usually does whenever she was nervous. "She was an okay student."

"Okay student?" The next student who was being interrogated by the inspector, scoffed. Her name was Ore, and unlike the previous student that was before her, her face was filled with malice. "She was the worst; everyone hated her."

"Hate is a strong word." The next student who had walked in after Ore left introduced himself as Hymn. He laid back on the chair, his long fingers drumming on the wooden desk. "I would say she was disliked by most students."

Quiet filled the room as both officers, the counsellor, and the principal looked at the next student who wasn't speaking. Unlike the others before him, he looked the most laid-back. He kept playing with the hem of his jacket without uttering a word.

"We need your words, Krystian," the inspector sighed, looking at the mute kid.

Krystian diverted his attention from his hem to the officers. The principal and guidance counsellor knew him as someone who wasn't cold, so they weren't sure why he wasn't cooperating. "Can you tell us something about your classmate, Danielle?"

"Am I obliged to?" Krystian asked in a clear voice. Both officers looked at each other before the inspector decided to shake his head.

"You are not obliged to; in fact, you can leave here of your own free will. Just know that you're hindering justice." The inspector said to him: Interrogating the students was one thing, but getting the students to speak to them wasn't mandatory. The inspector was sure one of the students would be bright enough to know that fact, and he was looking at one right now.

"I can speak to you, but in the presence of lawyers," Krystian said, getting up. He had always been a cautious kid when it came to scandals like this, so it wouldn't tarnish his father's reputation. "Can I leave now?"

The inspector stretched his hands towards the door with mixed expressions, saying, "Be my guest."

˗ˏˋ༻ʚ♡︎ɞ༺ˎˊ˗

I stood close to a pillar as I watched the guests surround my sister and her boyfriend, Trust, as they showered their sympathy. Just like everyone else, I was wearing black. Mine was quite different because of other items. I had a black mask on, not because of anything special, but because I didn't want to smell the fake sympathy of others.