˗ˏˋ༻ʚ4ɞ༺ˎˊ˗

This chapter is dedicated to pweety_1

˗ˏˋ༻ʚ♡︎ɞ༺ˎˊ˗

The office was quiet and dark, with just the table lamp brightening a small portion of the room, but enough for the inspector to see through the stack of papers containing information regarding his newly appointed case. Several times he had played the recording tape just in case there was something that could lead him in this case, but every time he always saw himself in a dead end.

"She was hated by the majority of the students but loved by teachers," he mumbled to himself. "She wasn't bullied and was strong-willed, based on the students' stories.

"There isn't any other fingerprint aside from hers on the knife, paper, and pen," the inspector went on. "So irrespective of my intuition telling me it's something way more than just self-harm, everything points to her committing this to herself."

He reached for the cup of water on his table but stopped when his office phone rang.

"Hello?" he answered.

"What are you doing?" He could tell by the voice who this person was.

"I'm still working on the case, sir," he responded.

"The case should be closed," the SP ordered. "It's disrupting the other students at that school. They can't concentrate, knowing a student just died. Well-known names are investing greatly in that school and don't like the name of their investment on the Internet for a bad reason."

"But sir, I'm still investigating. I can't just close the case," the inspector said, standing up with one hand strapped to his waist.

"Do you have any leads? So far, everything proves she committed suicide. What's there to investigate?"

"But sir—"

"Listen to me, Officer Jerry, and follow my orders!" The SP shouted. "Close this case and focus on a new case that will be on your desk on Monday morning. You are wasting time, energy, and finances on a case that's already settled. No one asked her to kill herself."

Officer Jerry saluted, though the man at the other end wasn't physically present. "Yes, sir!" 

The inspector hated the order being passed to him, but this was from the higher-ups; there was nothing he could do.

˗ˏˋ༻ʚ♡︎ɞ༺ˎˊ˗

Monday was finally here, but I wasn't looking forward to it in an exciting way. I'd woken up early and prepared myself so I could be at school on time. I decided to put all my textbooks and a maximum of five exercise books in my backpack because I wasn't sure what subject we'd be studying for the day. Hanging my backpack on both shoulders, I decided to look at myself in the mirror.

Instead of seeing my image, I saw that of Danielle. I imagined her in this same uniform leaving the house and going to that hell hole she called school. The jacket fitted perfectly well, as did the inner white and flare skirt. It felt like the school knew my measurements before selecting the uniform. I grabbed the tie and stepped out of the room while knotting it.

"Good morning, sis Debby." I moved to peck my sister on both cheeks. I looked around during that, and thank goodness, Trust wasn't in sight.

"You look happy today," she smiled. "It must be a good decision to let you go to this school."

If only she knew. The only reason I was smiling was because I didn't want to worry her.

"Come on now, go take your breakfast so I can drop you off at school." I looked over at the dining table to see the tea and sliced bread she'd prepared.