˗ˏˋ༻ʚ22ɞ༺ˎˊ˗

˗ˏˋ༻ʚKrystian's POVɞ༺ˎˊ˗

Footsteps. Blood. Guilt.

Hair. Knife. Struggles. Screams.

My eyes opened as I sat upright on my bed, sweat streaming down my body despite the cool air coming from the air conditioner. I closed my eyes and moved my palms to my temples before leaning against the headboard. It'd been almost a month since I'd had this recurrent dream, and each time it felt more terrible than the last.

I looked at my bedside alarm clock. It was just after three a.m. I knew I needed that sleep so I could get up in the morning, even if I had to force myself, as I did every other night. So, I grabbed my phone and switched over to Netflix. Watching any basic films would've to do the trick.

˗ˏˋ༻ʚ♡︎ɞ༺ˎˊ˗

Ring~

My body jolted as my phone rang. I groaned briefly before snuggling deeper under my cover to embrace my warm bed.

Ring~

It was too early for a phone call. I had planned to sleep in since it was a Saturday.

Ring~

The caller refused to give up. I let out a tiny grunt and groped my bed, blindly looking for my phone.

"Hello?" My raspy voice filled the room as I massaged my drowsy eyelids while still buried under my comforter.

"You're still not up?" 

Finally, I pulled my comforter down to my waist and sat straight, my back against the headboard.

"Hymn?" I didn't look at the caller ID before responding, but that was Hymn's voice. It was either him or my youngest uncle, who was three years older than me. But I was certain it was Hymn. "What is up, man? Why did you call so early?"

"So early?" I heard a scoff from the other end. "It's past eleven, bro."

I pulled my phone from my left ear and looked at the screen that had automatically lit up before pressing it against my ear once more. He was right; it was nine minutes past eleven. 

"Oh."

"And it's not a pleasant morning," 

"What's up with you?" I scoffed and rubbed my temples. I removed the cover from my body and climbed down from my bed before proceeding to the adjoining bathroom. I looked in the mirror and observed my bloodshot eyes, which were the result of not getting enough sleep.

"Ore, and of course, Toyosi." I applied toothpaste to my toothbrush before wetting it with the water from the sink tap. "They're both on my neck right now. Who did we offend by having girls as best friends?"

As I cleaned my teeth, I glanced at the mirror, my mind racing. Toyosi and Hymn have been my long-time buddies. Then Ore appeared two years later. We were told to get close to her so she would not feel lonely or out of place.

Toyosi. 

Her name reminded me of yesterday and what I'd seen on the data I had downloaded to the drive. There must have been an error somewhere; there had to be. Delphine was nothing more than the new girl, and there was no way she was going to let me doubt my best friend of seventeen years. 

"Are you listening to me?" 

"What?" I was pulled out of my thoughts. 

Hymn groaned out loud, "Guy, are you serious? I need you here, right now."