Chapter 3

I go to the garage and find Toms BMW. Great I have to drive sissy car. Oh well. I unlock it and hop in. I readjust the seat and grabbed out a cigaret, and light it. I start up the car and pull out of the driveway. I look to the clock reading 7, it's going to take me about an hour to get to the prison, about 30 minutes to get through security, 10 with my dad, then an hour home. Placing me at about 10 am.

I pull up to the gate and roll my window down. "How can I help you?" The man asks. He has blond hair and blue eyes, about 5'10, and weighs 200. "I'm here to talk to a prisoner." I tell him. "We're not letting visitors in today ma'am," He says. He's clearly not from Texas. "I'm Sergeant Major Mace, I need to talk to one of the prisoners," I tell him, handing him my card. "Apologize, thank you for your service. I'll let you through," He says. "Thank you officer Dan," I say, looking to his name tag.

I pull through the gate and make my way into the building. I get through security, and just like I predicted 30 minutes. A guard takes me to the visitors room and seats me at the end. I end up waiting there for about 5 minutes until he comes. As he walks in he rolls his eyes and takes a seat, grabbing the phone. I take in his looks, his dark brown hair, now turning gray. His deep blue eyes. I really do hate how much we look alike.

"Bummer to see your not dead," He says. "I heard you and your teammates got captured in the south. How did you get out of that mess?" He asks. "I'm just hear to say hi and that I'm still alive," I tell him. I don't really know what I was expecting from him. "Something seems different about you," He says, tilting his head and squinting his eyes. "What's that supposed to mean?" I ask him. "Your my child, I made you. You don't think I wouldn't know if something was wrong?" He add.

"And yet all you did was beat me up. You don't care about me, you never did and you never will," I growl. I get up and make my way out. "All those people that you've killed. All the innocent bystanders. You think I'm the monster? Look in a mirror," At this I turn around and slam my hand on the glass. "What the hell did you just say?!" I yell at him. Then he laughs, he laughs that evil laugh that he does.

"I've killed, I know the look, you monster," He spits out. I throw the chair and bang my fist on the glass. Then I feel two sets of hands grab my arms. I comply with them and walk out. The one guard tazes Dad, making him topple over. "This is all your fault!!! Your mother died because of you!!!" He yells. I tense up and then let go. Knowing that he's too far gone.

As the guards escort me out of the room they let me go, I turn around to face them and they both have a very serious faces. "I'm sorry ma'am, he's been off his meds," The one says. "But we need to ask you something," He adds. "And what would that be?" I ask. "Did you kill anyone?" The other guard asks. I sigh and take a deep breath. "Yes, I was in the marine corps. Unfortunately I didn't have a choice," I tell them.

They look at each other and sigh. "We're so sorry miss, we didn't know. But your going to have to come with us," He commands. "Why?" I ask. "One for taking a gun in the property, and we can't be sure that your telling the truth," the guard says. "But I gave you guys my gun," I tell them. "Hands up." He commands. I end up freezing in my spot and then the two guards turn into General Hassan. He starts to walk up to me and just as his hand touches mine I pass out.

I start to regain consciousness. I sit up and look around. I'm inside a prison cell. I walk over to the bars and grab hold of them. My legs feel like jello and my head is pounding. "What the hell is going on here?" I ask. I then see one of the guards from before, I look down to his name tag, reading 'Jason'. "I'd like my phone call," I command.

Jason hands me a phone and I call Felix. "Hello? Who's this?" He asks. "Felix, it's me, Mace. I'm currently in the county prison and I need you to bring my Marine Corps dispatch papers," I tell him. "What are you doing there?" Asks Felix. "Times up," Jason says. "Please hurry," I tell him, then hang up. I give Jason the phone and take a seat in the corner of the cell.

I hear footsteps coming from the hall. I look up and see Jason unlocking the cell. And behind him is an unhappy Felix. "I'm sorry for the miss understanding Sergeant Major Mace," Jason says saluting. "At ease," I command Jason. "Your free to go," says Jason.

Felix and I make our way outside and we make our way to our cars. "Tom came and is on his way home. But your coming with me," Felix says in an irritated voice. I don't answer and just hop in his truck. After about twenty minutes of deathening silence, Felix is the first to talk. "Why did you go to see that mistake? Huh?" I don't answer and just keep my gaze out the window. "Did you not hear me?" He asks, this time raising his voice. "What do you want me to say? You want me to apologize? I'm not a child and I'm sure as hell not your daughter," I growl.

"I get it. I get that you haven't been apart of society in 10 years, but that doesn't give you the right to act out," he says in a calmer voice. "You don't know me. You don't know what I've went through! You don't know the things I've seen!" I scold him. "What happened on your last mission?" He asks, I freeze and I can feel my blood drain from my body.