Chapter 23

I end up only getting about an hours worth of sleep. It's currently 02:28 and I'm just sitting in my bed staring up at the ceiling. I end up just laying there till morning. Seeing that I can't walk, I can't do anything. I just want to go home and take care of Hassan. 

  Forget not crossing that line. It's the only way he can be stopped. Since he knows where my family lives, they're in danger, along with everyone else that knows me. And by the looks of it, Hassan doesn't know that Jackson is still alive. And I need to do everything in my power that it stays that way. 

  Eventually everyone comes in to the room. We eat or more so they eat breakfast. Both Sharon and Felix had to leave for work. Monica, Jess, and Tom had an online class that they had to be on. Leaving me with John and Addison. Addison is laying on the couch and John is sitting in the chair by the bed. The room is completely silent. I sit up and swing my legs around the bed, that way I can face Addison. "Do you still have those extra cloths in your car?" I ask.

  "I should. Why?" She questions. "I can't be in this hospital gown anymore. Could you go grab them?" I ask. She nods and leaves to go to her car. Now, it's just me and John. "You're going to leave, aren't you?" John asks. "I don't have to be here any longer. Besides, I need to take down Hassan. He knows where they live," I tell him. Referring to our family. "How do you plan on taking him down?" John asks.

  "I'm going to gather up the best of the best. I have some buddies in Russia and England that owe me some favors. There all good fighters, but he can't be here anymore. Not with the way things are heading," I inform him. "What are you going to do with him?" John asks with a worried expression. "Kill him," I say in a dark tone. 

  As soon as I'm done talking, Addison walks in. "I got the cloths," she announces with a smile on her face. I stand up but stumble a little. She reaches her arm out for me to grab, but I tell her I'm fine. I grab the clothes from her and head into the bathroom so I can change. I take off the white and blue hospital gown and exchange it with black leggings, long sleeve black shirt, and a black sports bra.

  I walk out of the bathroom, where John and Addison are waiting for me. "This is so much nicer," I sigh in relief. I hate being in hospital gowns. I hate hospitals in general. "Ready?" I ask them. Addison looks at me confused. Then she turns to John, then me again. 

  As we're walking out of the hospital  Addison is trailing behind, listing ways this is a bad idea. "What about the therapy? What about changing your bandages? Are you even ok?" She trails on. "I'm fine. I just can't be there anymore. Besides, I miss my bed," I lie. Never sleeping in that bed again. I can still see that couple in my room. I shutter at the thought. 

  Once we get to Addisons car, I hop in the back and take of the sandals that the hospital gave me. I lift my legs up and lay them across the back seats. "Are you sure your ok?" Add asks again. "I will be," I sigh. Once all this is over, I will be able to rest. But I can't now. There isn't any time to feel helpless or sad. 

  We finally get home after about an hour or so drive. Both John and Addison help me get out of the car. They swing my arms over their shoulders and help me inside. As we walk in, I see Tom and a girl sitting on the coach in the living room. On the other side is Monica and the boy that she brought over when I came home. 

  "We'll take you up to your bed," Addison says. "That's ok," I tell her. "You two can leave, I'll be fine." John and Addison look at each other. "It's fine," I reassure them. They let me go and I watch them walk away. Once their gone I hobble my way over to Felix's office. I plop into the chair and let out a long sigh. 

  My back is killing me, along with literally every other part of my body. I push that aside and get to work. I need to find Hassan before he gets to my family. I work for about four hours but come up empty handed. I let out a grunt. "You son of a bitch!" I yell, banging my fists on the desk. Suddenly the door bursts open, making me jump. 

  "Mace are you ok?!" Addison asks in a worried tone. "I'm fine," I push off. "What are you doing?" Addison asks. "Nothing," I shut her out. "Hey, don't shut us out." That's what I'm trying to do! If I let you in and Hassan gets you you'll end up just like the rest of them. "I'm not. I just have a lot on my mind." 

  "Look, you don't have to talk about it now. Let's just go get some food, yeah? I'm starved," Addison says standing up. She gives me her hand to take and I do. With her help I stand up and she helps walk me to the kitchen. Once we get to the kitchen who do I see? None other then