Chapter 6

I didn't sleep at all last night. How could I? Knowing that I'm the reason my troops are dead. I thought that at least Jackson would survive. I look over to the clock that read 05:39. I decide to get up and go down stairs. I make myself a pot of coffee and sharpen my knife. 

  As I'm waiting Jess comes down. "Morning," she says in a groggy voice. I nod my head in response. She grabs a mug and waits. Her leg is shaking and I can tell that she wants to ask something. "Out with it," I tell her. "What happened on your last mission?" I don't know how to respond. 

  "Something bad happened. I can tell. The last time I talked to you before that mission you seemed, normal. But now, you seem lost and hurt. Like a part of you is missing," Jess explains. "I failed the mission and I failed my team." I tell her. "I doubt that you didn't fail them," she says. I shake my head, "No I fail them. Their all dead, because of me. All 26 of them. I'm the only one who escaped."

  "But I thought Jackson was going to survive. He was always to stubborn to go. They all looked up to me, and I lead them into a suicide mission," I explain. "I'm sorry Mace," she says with pity. "Why? It's not like you killed them and captured us," as soon as I say that I regret it. "Wait, what happened?" She asks with wide eyes. "Morning lady's," Tom says jokingly. 

  "What are you two up to?" He asks. I grab out my cigaret pack and get one with my teeth. I then get up and grab my coffee and head outside. As I'm outside I light it and sit on the porch steps. I exhale and take a sip of my coffee. "Hey do you want breakfast?" Addison asks me. "Since when did you start smoking?" She asks swinging her hand infront of her face. I take on more puff and throw it on the ground and stomp on it, putting it out.

  I get up and grab my empty cup and go inside. As I walk in my nose is welcomed to the smell of pancakes, eggs, and bacon. I see John flip a pancake. He turns around and smiles at me. He's wearing Sharons apron. "Good morning!" John welcomes. "Do you live here?" I ask. He laughs and shakes his head. "Today we are planning our wedding," he tells me.

  "Yup, And us lady's are going dress shopping!" Addison exclaims. Yay, how fun. I go over and pour myself another cup of coffee. "So, how did you sleep after last night?" Asks John. As he asks I choke on my coffee and start hacking. "Fine," I cough out. "I'll be in the living room," I say leaving the kitchen. I go and sit on the coach. "Mace get dressed. We're going out and we need to look our best," Sharon says. I roll my eyes and take a sip of my coffee. 

  "You wanna come eat?" Felix asks. "I'll pass." "You didn't eat dinner last night. You should eat something," he says. I set my coffee down on the table next to me and make my way to the kitchen. Everyone is sitting down and Felix and I fallow. I sit at the end of the table and scoop some eggs on my plate. "So I was thinking that we could go dress shopping at the really fancy place on Main Street. Then we could go shop for you guys. Then we'll grab some lunch. Then we'll get out nails done!" Addison exclaims.

  "Sounds good honey," Sharon tells her. "Oh also Becky will be joining us. I mean she is my bridesmaid after all," Addison adds. Oh great, Becky. She's worse then Addison. Stuck up, full of it, thinks she's always right. Her father works with Felix in the government. "Oh and Mace, you'll have to change," Addison says. "Why?" I ask. "Hahaha! Oh your serious. I wont let a sister of mine be seen out in public like that." What's that supposed to mean? "Unfortunately this is all I have," I tell her. "Fine, then you can wear one of my outfits," she says. 

  I nod my head and start to eat my eggs. Once everyone's all done eating Addison takes me upstairs and into her room. Her room is the biggest out of all the kids. Her walls are painted white with an accent wall. She has an old looking dresser with a big mirror. I count at least 7 mirrors. She goes into her walk in closet and waves me to sit down on her bed. Which is a California King. She always has to be extra. "Found the perfect one!" She yells.

  She comes out and is holding a white sun dress, the sleeves are short and puffed and it's a square neck line. The back is open and there's a slit on each of the sides. It's about knee high and has little yellow flowers on the bottom. "This should do," She says admiring her "work". "I can't wear that," I tell her. "Why not? This is gorgeous, and besides it's a hot day," she adds. "I'd just prefer to wear something less revealing," I tell her.

  "Fine, then wear a sweeter," she commands and throws the dress at me. She goes back into her closet and throws a sweater at me. I sigh and take it to my room and change. I put on the dress and I can see the marks on my abdomen. I turn so I can see my back and I see marks from a whip. I sigh and put on the sweater and the white sandals she gave me. I make my way down stairs and all the girls are down there, even Becky. This will be an interesting day.