Chapter 13

I look over to my window to see Hassan. I freeze in fear and my body goes cold. He looks at me with that same smile that haunts my dreams. "Hello 27," he says. "I would unlock the doors and come out. That is if you want your family to live," he says maliciously. I do as he says and step out of the car carefully. I close the door and grab the keys. I need to stay calm.

  "It's been a while يفتقد," he says in his evil tone. "What do you want?" I growl. "Now now, I just wanted to say hello." As soon as he's done talking I grab the key and jab at him. He grabs my arm and pins it behind my back. I sweep his legs making him fall and letting me go. I grab my gun and point it at him. I cock it back and aim it at him. 

  "I wouldn't do that if I where you," He says with that evil smile. I look down to my chest to see five red dots on me. "Snipers," I say under my breath. Hassan gets up and looks me dead in the eyes. I cower and look away. "I told you I would break you. Now, if you don't want your family to get hurt you'll do as I say," he tells me. "Oh Mace before you go, who's this?" I look over to the house and see Monica. I look back over to Hassan. "Order your men to stand down," I whisper to him. 

  Thankfully he does as I say and orders the men to stand down. Monica comes over to me and takes my side. "I am general Hassan, I'm the one that helped your sister here. Mace, may I come in?" Hassan asks. I know that if I don't comply then he'll kill my family. I start walking and wave for him to follow. Gosh I hate this. I'm bringing the enemy into my house.

  As we walk in Hassan says, "What a lovely house you have." Sharon comes around the corner from the kitchen. "Oh who are you?" she asks putting on her sweet lovely voice. Hassan walks up to her, grabs her hand and kisses it. "My name is General Hassan. I am a friend of your daughters. I hope I'm not intruding," he says in that stupid flattering voice. "Oh not at all! Can I offer you some tea or coffee? Are you hungry? We're about to have lunch," Sharon says sweetly and unaware of everything.

  "Well I wouldn't want to intrude." I can feel my blood boiling. "Oh not at all!" Sharon says. We walk into the kitchen and I see Addison, Tom, Jess, and Felix. "Oh, I thought you were leaving?" Addison says. "Change of plans," I tell her. "And who is this?" Jess asks. "This is General Hassan," I inform her along with everyone else. 

  "It's a pleasure to meet you all," he says. "He will be staying for lunch," Sharon says in a chipper voice. Then we hear the door bell ring. I can feel my body freeze. What if it's his soldiers? What if they're here to kill everyone? "I'll get it," I say. I go and leave the room. I grab my gun and carefully walk to the door. I open it with caution and point my gun out ready for rapid fire. As I open it I see John. My eyes go wide. I quietly bring him inside and cover his mouth, closing the door behind him. 

  "Listen very carefully, this family is in danger and I am trusting you. After the man in there leaves, you are to call this number and go to this address. Go to General Logan and tell him that I sent you. Tell him the abbey is burning. He'll know what that means. You are to go upstairs and hide in my room until he leaves. After he leaves hide there for another forty-five minutes then sneak out of the window," I command him as quietly as I can. "No questions asked, do it or your soon-to-be-wife dies. Text her and tell her that you couldn't make it," I tell him. 

  I can tell that he knows that I'm serious and that this isn't a drill. He goes upstairs as quietly as possible without any questions or hesitation. I then make my way back into the kitchen and try my best to stay calm and collective. "Who was at the door?" Sharon asks. "Just a morman," I lie. "Oh we get those all the time. So tell us, what was Mace like during training?" Sharon asks. "She was probable a baby about it," Jess laughs. "No actually, your daughter is a strong fighter, one of the best if you will. So I hear that you are getting engaged? Your sister and I are very close," Hassan continues.

  I go and take the seat next to Hassan, this can't be happening. I need General Logan to do something. He better trust John, if not their screwed. What does he want with my family? Why is he targeting them? All through out lunch he played along, saying things like "Your Mace and I go way back", or "We had so many missions together", and that stuff. He was acting like he was some great man. When in reality, he's a monster. 

  After lunch they're still talking and carrying on. "Well, Hassan, we should let them go. They have a lot of stuff that they need to get done," I tell him. "Ah of course. Thank you for this amazing lunch, and the even better conversations," Hassan says. "Come any time, you're always welcome," Sharon says. I escort Hassan outside and slam him against the truck. "What do you want with my family?!" I yell at him. "I want nothing with your family. I'm here for you. If you want them to live then I suggest that you do as I say," he tells me. He's still calm, not showing any emotion.