Chapter 20

General Logans pov

  "She will be fine but will have to go to both physical and mental therapy. I've never seen anything so, umm, dangerous. We did lose her two times, but she will end up being ok," the Dr. explains. "Where was she hurt?" The one sister asks. 

  "Well, she has seven gun shot wounds, acid burns, fire burns, ripped nails, split lip, busted ankle, and." Then the dr pauses. "What?" Mrs, Denver asks nervously. "Her back is completely raw along with the back of her neck. We also found some minor bruises and cuts," he adds. "Can we see her? Is she up?" I look over and see a girl. She is standing next to jack, or whatever his name is. 

  "You may see her, but she wont be up for a while," he responds. Maces family goes into see her. I fallow but I'll just stand outside the door. As I fallow the dr stops me. "Uhh sir, do you know what happened?" He asks. "I can tell that your a military guy and was just wondering if you knew what happened."

  "That in formation is confidential," I tell him. "I see," he utters. I make my way to her room and to say the sight was devastating is an understatement. I can tell that there are tears welling up in everyones eyes. It really is quite a sad and devastating sight to see. 

  "Jude, come with me. Now," I order. He looks at me with a look of confusion. I take him out to the hallway and close the door. "What did you tell the family Jake?" I ask him. "Actually sir it's John. Um but I told them that she went on  a business trip," John says. 

  "Weak but that'll do. Make sure that she calls me when she wakes up. Keep me updated," I say then walk away to leave. As I'm walking John shouts out, "Wait where are you going?" "I have to get back to the base. My job here is done," I tell him and leave. 

Maces pov

  Blackness and pain. Every part of me is throbbing. But my head, my brain is ready to leave my skull. I can hear faint beeping sounds. I slowly open my eyes but then quickly close them. It's so bright. "Mace?" I hear a familiar voice. I force my eyes open, it takes a minute for them to adjust to the light.

  I look around and I'm in a hospital room, but it's nothing like the other one. This one is clean and not made out of concrete. I see everyone around me. Is this real or just another allusion? "Mace your ok. Your in the hospital but your going to be ok," I look over to see Sharon. I try to talk but it comes out mute. 

  "The dr.'s said that your vocal cords are swollen and that it may be hard to talk," Jess says. Everyone has tears in their eyes. "I'll go grab the dr.," Felix says, leaving the room. "When can we leave?" I ask in a raspy voice. "Mace, your injured. We can't leave until you get better," Sharon says.

  If I stay here to long Hassan could find me. Hassan? "Where is General Logan?" I question, trying to sit up. But Jess and Monica just push me back. "He had to leave. You need to rest. We can't have you hurt you self anymore," John says. I shouldn't have been the point of the mission, it should have been him. 

  "Hello Mace, I see your awake. My name is Dr.Abraham, how are you feeling?" The dr. asks. I just look forward. Why would he just leave? Did he even get Hassan? "Mace? Did you hear him?" Felix speaks. "I'm fine," I growl. "How is your pain?" The Dr. asks again. "Fine," I snarl. "Mace, manners," Sharon barks. "She's fine. Now I need you to tell me what happened. Do you remember how you got hurt?" He asks.

  I hate dr.'s and hospitals, and does this fool really think I'm gonna tell him? "That's confidential," I respond. "Look, I need to know this. That way I can help you," he states. "Like I said, I can't give you that information," I tell him. 

  "Look, I know it can be hard to talk about things but you'l have to talk about it one way or another," he explains. I go to touch my dog tags but there not there. My eyes go wide and I can feel dread wash over me. "Where are my tags?" I ask. "Sorry?" "Mace, don't change the subject," Sharon says. "he took 'em," I say under my breath. 

  "Who took what?" The dr. asks. "What did you loose?" He adds on. "It's nothing," I tell him. "Tell me how you got those scars on your stomach. The ones that look like claw marks. I've noticed that it starts top left of you rib cage and then travels down to the bottom right hip," the Dr. points out. "Doesn't matter. Their heeled and I need to leave," I tell him.

  "Mace, you need to let him help you," Monica says. I look over to her and I can see sadness in her eyes along with loss and sorrow. "I know it can be hard to talk about this but it doesn't help to push things down. What about your wrists? They seem raw and strained, can you tell me how that happened?" Abraham asks. "When can I go home?" I ask, I don't want to talk about this. I just want to go home. "I'm afraid it won't be for a while. Do to the state that you came here in. We need to make sure that you heal properly. Not to mention that when your done you will need physical and mental therapy," he says.

  Hi guys I hope that you liked this chapter. I ended up rewriting this chapter about 8 times lol. Anyway I hope you all have a blessed week!