Chapter 15

Johns pov

  I park my car and start my search of General Logan. All around there are soldiers running, working out, and doing other Army things. I see a person and run up to them. "Hi excuse me, where can I find General Logan?" I ask franticly. "He went home for the night. Come back tomorrow," the man tells me. "Where does he live?" I ask. 

  "Sergeant Jackson! What are you doing? It's curfew for you." I turn around to see a big man made of pure muscle. He has brown hair, long on the top and short on the sides. He has a scar going down his right eye. "Sir yes sir!" Jackson yells. 

  "Get your ass outta here. Tomorrow you'll be running twelve-miles," the man commands him. "Sir yes sir!" Jackson replies, then runs off. "I can tell your not military. What do you need?" The man asks me. "I need to talk to General Logan, my friend is in danger and she needs his help," I say quickly. "Who's your friend?" He asks. "Sergeant major Mace, sir," I tell him. 

  "What happened to her?" He asked. "I'm afraid I can only talk to General Logan about that, sir," I tell the man. "That would be me. Fallow me, we can talk in my tent," he says. We start walking and I fallow him close behind. We end up walking into a big green tent. As we walk in there's a chair and desk. To the side is a coffee pot and up top is a map with pin all over it.

  "Have a seat," the general commands, pointing to the chair. I sit down and I instantly feel like I'm being interrogated. As he sits down across from me he leans forward and clasps his hands together. "What happened to Mace?" He asks. "She was taken," I tell him. "She looked like she was in some sort of trouble," I tell him. 

  "How do I know your not lying?" He asks me. "Uhh, Oh! She said to tell you that the abbey is burning. She told me that you would know what that meant. And the guy who took her I think his name was Hassan," I tell him. As I say this his facial expression changes. "Oh no," he breathes out. General Logan quickly stands up and starts walking. I fallow him outside of the tent. He walks up to a bell and starts ringing it like crazy. Everyone starts rushing out of the tents in a frantic state. 

  "Everyone, meeting in ten minutes!" He yells. "What are you going to do?" I ask him. "We're going to save her," he says in a dark tone. I watch his tall built figure walking away. I'm 6'2 and he's about five inches taller then me. 

Mace's pov

  I'm standing in a hall way and there's a red door infront of me. I can hear muffled screaming. It sounds like a women's cry. I walk up to the door and open it. It's the day my mother died. I see my mother on the ground. She has a split lip and cuts all over her from my father. "No, please no. Don't do this," she cry's. Then there's a bang. "NO!" I yell running to her side. I kneel beside her and put pressure on the wound. 

  "Macie," she barely gets out. She brings her hand to my face, and I can see the blood drain from her face. "It's your fault," she chokes out. "what?" I squeak out. Then she stands up as if nothing has happened. "You you killed me," she states. But the more she talks the more it starts to sound disoriented. "You killed me, your the murderer. Your fault YOUR FAULT!" She starts screaming. I stand up and start backing away shaking my head. 

  "No," I say backing away into the wall. "YOUR FAULT! YOUR FAULT!" My mother yells at me over and over again. I slide down the wall closing my eyes, tight, and covering my ears. "It's not real, it's not real, it's not real," I repeat over and over again. "No! This isn't real!" I say standing up. This is just in my head! 

  My eyes shoot open and I'm back lying on the metal table. But this time, instead of having the mask over my mouth I have a tube going down my throat. I need to stay calm, just stay calm. "Up the dosage," I hear Hassan say. I won't let him win. He wont get in my head. 

  I squeeze my hands and then break my wrists. I let out a little shriek and pull them out. "Hold her down!" I hear some one yell. I grab the tube and pull it out of my throat. The one dr. comes up to me and I grab it and wrap it around his neck. "Stay back or I'll kill him," I choke out in a raspy voice. "Do it." I turn my head to see Hassan. "He is of no use," Hassan says. 

  I snap his neck and un do my feet. I jump off the table and burst out of the room. I start running down the hall which is empty to my surprise. I get to the end of the hall and make a left. As I'm running I get this surge of electricity running all through my body. I let out a cry of pain and my legs buckle and give out. "You really think that it would be that easy?" I look up and see Hassan standing over top of me. I can feel my consensus moving in and out until I just give in.