Chapter 9

I make my way down stairs but as I get down the stairs there are about 7 people in the door way. I look to the living room to find about 15. I leave and go to the kitchen to grab a drink and there's about 25 people in here. It's a good thing we have a large house. "What in the world?" I whisper under neath my breath. I go to the fridge a grad a beer.

I open it and take a swing. Sharon walks into the house laughing and holding an empty wine glass. She walks in and closes the sliding door behind her. "Mace, hick-up. I thought I told you to change into something nice," She complains. "I don't have anything else," I tell her. I only own things I'm used to and clothes that are flexible.

"What ever you should come in the pool," she tells me. Once she finishes topping off her wine glass she goes back outside. "She's clearly drunk," I say aloud. Why do I have to be down here? It's not like I have any important thing to contribute. I'm not even sure why they took me in. Honestly forget the Bermuda Triangle, Aliens, and Bigfoot. Scientists should be studying the mind of the Denver family.

An even bigger question is how are they eating when they just ate a five corse meal? I decide to go back to my room and seclude myself. As I turn the corner I run into someone, spilling beer all over me. "Shoot! I'm so clumsy forgive me," I look up and see Gael. He used to be my best friend before I moved in with the Denvers. "Mace?" I hear Gael whisper. "Gael? What are you doing here?" I ask him in disbelief. "Mrs. Denver said that there was some sort of party for you sister or something," He says in his confused voice.

Gael has long dirty blond hair and bright blue eyes. He is the exact meaning of a cowboy. He's 6'1 and is built like an ox. He actually mostly grew up in Oklahoma, but then moved to Texas with his mother when his father had passed away in the Military.

"Oh my gosh where are my manners? How have you been? When did you get back?" He asks. "I got back about 4 days ago," I tell him. I forgot how much I missed his smile and the way he would always wear his dads cowboy hat. He wouldn't go anywhere without it. "Hows your mom?" I ask him. "She's doing good. She should be here somewhere," He says. We both laugh and then we just look into each others eyes. "Oh I should," I start. "Oh yeah I was just," he says. "Yeah" "Yeah." He ends. "I'll see you later," Gael says with a smile and then we both go our other ways.

Once I get to my room I start my daily training. I grab my thirty five lb dumbbells and start doing different varieties of curls. Once I do 5 sets of 12, doing four different types I move on. I end up working out for about an hours or so. Once I'm done I take another shower, cold. After I'm done I make my way downstairs where more people have arrived.

I go out side to the pool and see everyone to be at least buzzed, if not completely drunk. "I bet my dad misses that," I whisper under my breath. I take a look at my watch that reads 22:37. Great and they most likely wont leave till late.

"If I ma have everybody's attention," I look over to see Felix standing on one of the tables, holding up a glass of liquor. "I would like to make a toast to my amazing first born. Addison you have made me so happy and I know that John will make you happy. I pray that he will bring you more joy then you've brought me and your mother. Best of luck," He says with a smile. " I would also like to say that I will be running for congress next election. It is because of your guy's support I am able to run," he finishes.

Everyone claps and cheers. I clap but role my eyes. "Everyone enjoy the party! There's plenty of food and booze," Felix adds, and again everyone claps. He gets down from the table and walks into a group of people and starts a conversation. "Hey there little lady," I turn around and see a man, clearly drunk. "пази свог корак морона," I tell him in Russian. "Woah, what's that? Spanish?" He asks. "No it's Russian for watch your step moron," I tell him. "How many other languages can you speak pretty baby?" "11" I reply short.

"I would suggest getting out of my face before I rip out that tough of yours. That way you can't speak," I threaten him. "Woah! Hey there Mace, how are you," I hear Gael say. "Sorry pal but she's mine. And I'll do you dirty if you mess with her again," Gael tells the creep. The man ends up walking away. "I can handle myself you know," I tell him crossing my arms. "Yeah but he can't handle you," Gael laughs. "So I know that your fluent in Russian and German. Do to your mother. But where did you learn the other 9?" "The Marine Corps." "Maybe I should join. That way I can actually travel and listen into people's gossip," He jokes.

"No offense but you wouldn't last 9 minutes in the Marine," I tell him punching him in the arm. "Your a real jerk you know that?" He jokes. "One of my many gifted talents," I say with pride and triumph. "Yeah yeah," He shoes. "Wanna get away from this party?" Gael asks. "You know I do," I laugh.

We go around front and hop in his black Jeep. He has the roof and doors off. As where driving I can feel the wind in my face, reminding me of the first time I jumped out of a plane. I always loved jumping out of planes, I felt free and like no one could touch me. Gael turns the Jeep off the road. "What are you doing?!" I yell at him. Out of anger and that way he can hear me through the wind. He keeps driving a little longer away from the road and parks it in the middle of an open field. We get out and lay on top of the hood and look up. Just staring at the night time stars.