Chapter 41

"Boy's let's show this Batman wanna be a good time," the main guy says. I take a deep breath and they all start to run at me all at once. I go up to the first man that's to me. He goes to throw a punch, using his momentum I flip him and dislocate his shoulder and then punch him, knocking him out.

  Then two come at me from opposite angles. I kick the man to my left's knee cap in, and then I sweep the man on my rights leg, making him fall over. This is all an easy fight. The rest I take out with one punch. Once their all down I walk up to the main guy and he instantly runs away. I watch him run away, stumbling over his feet. I grab the lady's shirt, seeing that she's only in a bra and a straight red skirt that goes to her knees.

  "Put this on and go home," I command her. My voice is distorted, due to the mask I'm wearing. She takes her shirt and throws it on then grabs her purse and runs away. I look down at all the men on the floor, rolling around and groaning. I sigh and make my way back up to the building. I end up falling asleep on the floor, keeping the mask on and gun in hand.

  Come 4:00 I wake up and get ready. The parade starts in four hours, meaning I'll be able to get this done and over with. I end up doing push up variations and sit ups. I end up waiting by the window, watching people set up the parade. "Why did they decide to make this public?" I ask myself. Come 8:07, the car holding Jackson Gray starts to roll down the street. I put the gun to my shoulder and look through the scope and line up my shot. My right hand is in the trigger, while my left is ready to push the putt on that will fire the rest of the guns.

  I take a deep breath, and then boom. The shots fire through that air and the sound of an entire city screaming. I grab my stuff and leave. According to Morozov, the money is about five minutes away in a bank vault. Once I pack up I make my way there. I use the alleyways and side routs. Once I get to the bank everyone is watching the TV. I slam open the doors and fire off three shots. I really don't want to have to kill any innocent bystanders, but if it comes between me and my family, I chose them.

  "Everyone down on the ground now!" I command. I have on eye black and my face masks, along with the voice distortion. People starts crying, I shoot another shot and they go on the ground. I walk up to the bank lady, "You! Get me inside that vault!" I command. She's a hot mess. Her make up is inning down her face and she's sobbing like crazy. "KEY'S! NOW!" I yell. I hate this I hate this I hate this. She comes around and starts to open the vault.

  In the middle of the room is a red duffel bag with 'Gray' embroidered into it. I go and pick up the bag. "Why, why aren't yo-you taking the rest?" The lady cry's. "Councilman Gray stole this money," I tell her. I look to the camera and shoot it. I take of my mask and look at the sobbing lady. "Look, I'm not going to hurt you guys I promise. But you need to sound the alarms and get a man named General Logan in here. Tell him what I looked like, but don't tell anyone else. Thank you for being so brave," I tell her.

  "Why are you doing this?" She asks. I look down to her left hand and see a ring. The lady's in her fifty's. "Do you have kids?" I ask her, and she nods. "You would do anything to keep them safe, right?" She nods again and wipes a tear away. "That's what I'm doing," I tell her. I put my mask back on and flee the bank through the back.

  As I exit the back, there's a black sports car, waiting for me. I hop in it and throw the money in the back. I look to the clock on the car screen and it reads 10:23. I sigh and turn around. I need to see Addison. "I'm going to get killed for doing this," i tell myself. From either Addison or Hassan if he where to find out.

  As I'm driving I remember that there's probably a tracker in it. So I drive to the cornfield nearby and park in the middle of it. I hop out of the car and lock it. I dart towards the house. Once it comes into site I make sure that no one is around and I climb up the house and onto the third floor. I see Addison, Mom, Jess, and Monica. Their all in their blue dresses, with their hair up all nice and their make up done to perfection. But Addison, she has on her beautiful but simple wedding dress. Her hair is braided with little white flowers in it. She has a simple makeup look.

  I sigh and look towards the door and I see my blue dress that she picked out for me. I sigh. Eventually they all leave except for Addison. She's sitting in front of the mirror add mirroring herself. I sigh and open up the widow, quietly. I gently land and walk towards the mirror. Addison has her head down and then she looks up. As her gaze meets mine, her eyes go wide with shock. She quickly turns around and looks at me.