Chapter 38

Back in Iran

Eventually a doctor comes in after about thirty minutes. "سلام," the woman greets. It's the same one from before. I don't respond and just satire at the wall. "You english?" She asks. I look at her and she steps back in fear.
She's scared of me. I'm a weapon now. Nothing more. I sigh and nod my head. "My son has english friend," she adds. Why is she telling me this? I don't want to know about her son.
"Umm anyway, I'm going to try and practice English," the woman says. "I want to go to America," she says. "Anyway, I am medicine," she says. "Have," I correct her. "Oh yes, have. So I guess you do talk," she says. I put my head back down and look to the ground.
The doctor gets a needle ready and sticks it into a tube and pulls the syringe up. There's a red tinted liquid in it. I can feel my body start to tremble a little, but I need to learn to welcome it. "May I?" She asks, wanting my arm.
I place my arm out and she takes it. "Can you flex? Easier to find vain," she explains. I do as she says and she sticks the needle into my arm and injects the red liquid into my body.
I end up getting escorted back to my room. I don't know what that 'medicean' was supposed to do, but it didn't hurt. I can't tell if that's good or bad. Once I'm in my room, I see my suit sitting on the bed. There's a note next to it saying, wear me.
I slip the suit on and zipper it up. I grab the chest holster that goes across my chest. The back is holding my katana's. I grab the empty belt and wrap it around my waist. There's a thigh holster along with two knee holsters for knives. I throw on the boots. I grab the gloves and slide them on.
I walk over to the mirror and instead of being ashamed, I'm proud of the kills I have made. "No!" I say turning away from the mirror. I kneel and grab my head. It starts to throb for no reason. "No, I'm not proud of my kill's. I need to stay in control," I tell myself. I won't let myself get out of control.
Suddenly there's a knock on the door. I get up and try to push back the pounding of my head. "Good to see that you're dressed. We have a meeting. It's time to go," Hassan says. A guard walks over to me and puts on a metal collar with chains in the back. He cuffs my hands, making it so I can't fight.
"We have a quick stop to make. We gotta fill up those holsters, now don't we?" Hassan comments. As we're walking through the halls, instead of going left, we go right. Where are we going?
We end up stopping by the lad, this one is an actual lab. I heard Hassan talking about some sort of machinery, he said that it would help them win the war.
"Dr. Ahmadi, are the weapons done?" Hassan asks. "Yes sir, they will only work for her touch and your's. If anyone else tries to shoot it, it will explode," Dr. Ahmadi says. "Perfect. Khor Khoreh, time to go," Hassan commands. "Oh, and take off her cuffs," Hassan commands. "But sir," one soldier tries to protest. "Do it," he commands in a darker tone.
The soldier who was escorting me walks up to me. I've actually have had them undone this entire time. I just let go of holding them and let them fall off. Both Hassan and the soldier's eyes go wide. "Couldn't get the neck," I smirk at the soldier. "Kill him," Hassan commands.
I smile and Hassan throws me a gun. "No! PLEASE! I DID WHAT YOU WANTED! IT'S HER FAULT!" He pleads. He runs towards me, trying to fight me. I just shoot him right between the eyes. I watch his body fall dead. I take back to my upright stance and put the gun in my thigh holster. "No hesitation, very good soldier," General Hassan congratulates.

"Come, we must head to our meeting," he commands. We make our way to the helicopter and take off. Once we put on the head phones so we can talk and hear each other. "This meeting will be about you," Hassan starts. "I will be showing you off and then there will be a surprise at the end," he finishes. I nod in response. "Here, put this on," Hassan orders. He throws the shemagh at me and I catch it in the blink of an eye. "Good reflects Khor Khoreh."
The rest of the ride is silent. Once we land Hassan and I are escorted into the building. As we walk through the halls I memorize the way we came in and the way that we came out. We end up walking into a room filled with men of all different races.
There's a long table, seating ten people, a candle lit by each seat. Just like back at camp. "General Hassan, we almost didn't think that you were going to make it," the man at the opposite end of the table says. "I wouldn't miss this meeting for the world.
The room is filled with book shelves, an assortment of different books, and maps. "Who is this lovely lady you brought?" A man with a thick Russian accent asks. "This, is why I called the meeting. I want you to meet Khor Khoreh," Hassan introduces. "Like the boogeyman?" The one asks. He has darker skin and my money is that he's from Pakistan.
"Yes. She is a part of a project called the Looloo project. My team and I have been working on this for about three years, each candidate died, until I found her. Before I took her in, she had 2,943 kills. Some of the kills being my men. And as you know, only very few men make it to the top," Hassan explains.
"He does have some of the best men. As much as I hate to admit it, he knows what he's doing," an American says. Wait! I know him. He used to work with the president but was fired. No one knew why, but I do know. He betrayed his country. I feel hatred towards this man. But then I remember that I'm doing the same thing.
"How do you know that she won't go against your word?" A French man asks. There are people from all around the world, all wanting the same thing. Complete control over the world. Suddenly, my hearing goes out. This confused me but I don't let people know that.
It must be the communicator that Hassan gave me. I watch Hassan talk. He throws a blueprint on the table. It's some kind of formula. Suddenly my hearing comes back. "Khor Khoreh, chairman Akazen questions our authority. Get rid of him. Oh and make sure it's not messy," Hassan commands.
I nod and walk up to the chairmen and twist his neck until I hear a snap. I walk over and take my place next to Hassan. "Good," he says in a pleased tone. "Now," he pauses. "Now that he is out of the way, who is willing to cooperate with me?" Hassan asks.
No one moves. Hassan tilts his head and looks at me. "Take off your shemagh. Let them see your true face," Hassan says with a smile. I do as he says and the entire room gasps. Everyone's mouth is gaped open in shock.
"She's the girl who was a part of the twenty-seven group. She's never had a failed mission," one man says. "She killed eight-nine of my men!" The French man says. "Which made her the best candidate. She already knew how to kill, I just had to get her on my side," Hassan adds.
"Do you have something against this?" Hassan asks. "This is not what I signed up for," he says. Hassan sighs. "Pitty," he adds. "Kill him, but make him suffer," Hassan commands. Without even realizing it, I'm walk towards him. As I make my way to him I can see his eyes fill up with fear.
"Wait! Wait! I have kids! I have a family!" He pleads. "And yet you sleep with other women," Hassan says. I walk up to him and grab him by the throat. I throw him into the wall, knocking a bunch of books to the ground. I go up to him and grab my katana and slice his throat. Blood pours out of the incision and onto the floor.
I bring my katana to the inside of my elbow and wipe the blood off of the blade. "Good. Anyone else?" Hassan asks. "No sir!" They all say in unison. "Good. We'll stay in contact. Khor, time to go," Hassan says. I follow him out of the building and back into the helicopter.
"Good work today," says Hassan once we sit down. I didn't feel like I was in control. It was scary, to say the least. I did what he told me to do without hesitation and without fighting back. It was like being in the passenger seat in a car.
"You're trying to control me and brainwash me aren't you? That red liquid, that's to cloud my doubts and to make sure I listen to you right? And the shock therapy that you've done," I piece it together. "You really are a clever girl aren't you? You're the best soldier I've ever seen, but I don't trust that your loyalty is completely to me. And because of that Khor Khoreh, I need to take precautionary measures. Do you understand?" He asks.
You might think that he isn't that smart, but he is. He knows what he's doing. I nod my head, in response. This sucks. Why me? Why couldn't I have just died with my teammates?
"Well, I'm glad that you understand. In about three weeks, I will send you to Chairmen Morozov. He will help train you, he will also give you a mission. I don't know where yet nor the objective," he informs me. I nod my head and look out the window of the helicopter.
There's eight more weeks from Addison's wedding. She must truly hate me. But at least she can now live a normal life. Her kids won't be in danger and they'll be able to live with knowing about me.
Once we get back it's early morning. Once we land we hop out of the helicopter, Hassan walks over to three guards. I follow behind him like a lost puppy, waiting to be told to sit or roll over. "Take her to her cell. She will rest for four hours," Hassan tells the soldiers.
They both nod and I follow them. I have one in the front and two behind me. Once we get to my cell they open the door and I walk in. Without taking anything off I lay on the cot and close my eyes. Not really asleep but also not awake.