Chapter 36

Back home in Addison pov

"Why did she leave?" I ask. "She said that she had unfinished business. She said that she wasn't happy about it but she was doing it for you guys," Miller explains. "That makes no sense," Tom says. "Why would she go back for us?" Tom adds.
"She said that someone threatened you guys, and she was in agreement to what they asked for." "Was she scared?" Jess asks. "I don't know. She seemed more so, lost and sad," Dr.Miller tells us. "Can we talk to her?" Monica asks. "I don't think that there's a way you can contact her. What about her general?" Miller asks.
"She said it was a different one," Jess says, referring to the note. "Maybe he knows who she could have worked for?" Dr.Miller suggests. "I think that that would be an in person visit," John suggests. "But we don't know where he is?" I tell him.
"Well..." "What?" I ask with a raised eyebrow. "When she went missing, she was in trouble," John starts. "What do you mean she was in trouble? What happened John?" I question further. He sighs. "Look, when I was coming over to lunch I knocked on the door. Mace opened it, she seemed frantic and scared. She told me to hide, call a number and go to an army base. The man that you had over for lunch, he's the one that took her. And from what I picked up from work and her kidnapping, that's the man that killed her teammates," he in forms.
"She had me hide in her room and then drive to the army base where general Logan was," John finishes. "Why didn't you tell us this sooner?" I ask him. "She told me not to, but with the situation that she's in now I'm risking my neck." We all laugh at the last part. "Wait, so the man that we had over, Haissen, or something. He was bad?" Mom asks. John nods his head.

"Thank you for your time Dr.Miller," Dad says standing up. "Oh, she was also wondering if you could relay the message to this number," Dr.Miller says, handing him a piece of paper and car keys. "The keys are to the car that she took," Dr.Miller adds. He takes it and thanks her. We end up leaving and heading back to our cars.
Once we get to the cars, Dad hands me the paper with the number on it. "John, since you know where you're going, we'll follow you. Addison, you'll call the number," Dad plans. We all agree and make our way.
Once we are in the car it's me, John, Monica, and Jess. The tension in the air is thick. "Ok everyone, quiet down," I joke. No one responds. "Not funny," I whisper to myself. "I'm gonna make the call," I tell everyone.
I grab my phone from my purse and dial the number. It rings about three times before someone finally picks it up. "Hello? Who is this?" The person asks. "Umm I'm here to call on behalf of Mace. Who is this?" I ask. "My name is Private Jackson. What's wrong with Mace?" He asks. I can tell that he's worried.
"She's gone. How did you know her?" I ask. "What do you mean she's gone?" He questions. "I'm not fully sure to be honest," I tell the man. "Where are you headed?" He asks. "To a military base," I say with caution. I have no clue who this is but, if they are a friend of Mace, then I'm sure that they are fine person.
"Are you going to talk to General Logan?" He asks. "Yes. Do you know him?" I ask. "Yes ma'am. Mace was my teammate. I'm heading over to the base now," he says and hangs up. "What did he say?" John asks. "He said that he's going to meet us at the base," I respond. The rest of the ride there is quiet.

We end up getting there around 12:30 at night. As we pull up to the gate, we are greeted by a man in a green uniform. He's basic looking, shaved head and what not. "How can I help you?" The man asks. "We need to talk to General Logan," John says. Then a car pulls up behind us.
He ends up honking at us. We look behind and see a man wearing a blue uniform. "One minute," the person standing at the gate says. He ends up walking up to the car and talking to the man in it.
After about two minutes he comes back to our car. "You may proceed," he tells us. John and I look at each other in disbelief, but we go through anyway. We end up finding a spot to park. The car ends up parking next to us and to our surprise a man in a wheelchair comes out.
"Are you the woman I spoke to on the phone?" The man asks. "I am, you must be Jackson," I greet. "Where is Mace?" he asks. "We don't know," Monica says. Our parents end up pulling in and hopping out of the car. "Are we ready?" He asks. He leads us the way to a green tent.
"General Logan, are you in there?" Jackson asks. "It's past curfew," he grumbles. I've only met Logan about three times. The first time was at Mace's ceremony for a pin, they said metal but it's a pin. "It's me sir, private Jackson. We need to talk. I have the Denver's outside here with me. It's about sergeant major Mace," Jackon explains.
We hear something drop to the ground with a thud. Then we hear glass break. We all exchange glances and looks at each other. Then a man stumbles out of the tent in boxers and a plain white t-shirt. "Jackson, what are you doing here? You're supposed to be with your family," he says. I can smell the liquor and cigarettes radiating from him.