Chapter 70

MIA

Heidi had called Lorenzo right after we had had sex, and he answered whilst still naked, giving me quite a view as he paced up and down the room. I tried to listen in to what she was saying, but I couldn't make much out. She had been speaking quietly much to my dismay.

It was the next morning, and Lorenzo was preparing himself to get his chains off. I was also looking forward to it for him. It meant that he would be able to shift and his wolf could finally release some steam. It was one of the reasons why he had been so uptight recently.

I couldn't blame him for it though. He was used to shifting and being able to run wherever he needed to go. I, on the other hand, was quite used to having my wolf sit in the back of mind and observe my life through my eyes.

She didn't try to push her way out, allowing me to have full control of my body the whole time. It seemed she wasn't bothered about going on runs or play fighting with the other wolves. However, she had appeared briefly when I was having the visions Ophelia was giving me, but she disappeared quickly after they stopped.

I knew that deep down, Lorenzo was disappointed that I couldn't shift. His wolf, although a part of him, wanted to be able to meet my own and bond with her.

I believed that the silver has permanently damaged my ability to turn, but I often thought that when I was less stressed and worried about things, I could actually have a go at trying to let my wolf take over my body.

It would be nice to allow her out. I imagined it felt like a rush.

"So who exactly is taking your chains off?" I asked as I pulled on my coat, Lorenzo giving me a strange look. He didn't want me to come with him in case something happened that put me in danger, but, I wasn't taking no for an answer. I was coming with him whether he liked it or not.

"Just one of the witches who they use in trials to perform controlled spells with dark magic," Lorenzo responded, pulling on his shoes. He made his way over to me, pulling me to his side, being sure to angle his body so I wouldn't touch his chains. Although, it didn't matter, I had my thick coat on and rubbing up against them wasn't going to hurt me.

It was pretty early, and it appeared that Natasha wasn't up yet. Lily had headed off early, wanting to scope things out before we entered the witches' territory. She was just being anal about things though, not wanting to take any risks after what had happened with me getting my mark almost ripped out.

Exiting the house, we made our way to the car, and I clambered in, Lorenzo holding the door open for me just like he always did. He also hopped in, starting up the car and driving towards the black iron gate, a few guards nodding at us, and we made our way away from our territory.

"Are the warriors going to be there?" I asked, leaning my head against the window and watching the world as we passed it. There wasn't anyone around since we were using a road that wasn't well known to the human community, but I focused in on a few squirrels leaping from tree to tree, the way they flew through the air making me laugh.

"Yes," Lorenzo replied immediately, his voice husky and low. "Thomas knows that I'm putting a halt on the Ophelia hunt until we are out of the witches' territory. I'm expecting him to ask a bit more about Caspian today also, so be vague with your answers."

I sighed quietly. I wasn't sure where Lorenzo stood when it came to Caspian, but the way that he allowed him to go caused me to believe that he wanted him to get away and start a new life. It was risky since Caspian knew all the secrets regarding the pack, but we both trusted that he wouldn't take advantage of us and use them against us.