Chapter 76

MIA

The celebration was in full swing, and I strolled through the door of our house to see the place was decked out with colourful bunting, balloons and party lights. The living room was packed full of wolves dancing and drinking, and the vibration of the bass caused my body to buzz as the music played through the large speakers.

Lorenzo clutched onto my hand, squeezing it gently to get me to look at him. I smiled as I did so, but before I could take a step into the house, he hoisted me round the side. Pushing me up against the wall of the house, we both laughed as he pressed his lips to mine. I snaked my arms around his neck, pulling him impossibly closer to me as I touched my chest to his own, reaching up onto my tip-toes.

"It's over," Lorenzo muttered to me as he pulled away, shaking his head and laughing. "It's finally over."

I nodded, releasing a sigh of contentment.

It was time to celebrate, not only that Ophelia's body had been found, but that all of the participants in the initiation test had passed. They had worked so hard for it, and we were lucky to have them as part of our pack.

Lorenzo was staring at me, studying me, and I shuffled as I raised my brows at him questionably.

"Mia, I knew the second that I set eyes on you in that lab, that I would love you for the rest of my life." Lorenzo's words caused my breath to hitch, and I fiddled with my fingers nervously, smiling.

"I won't lie and say I also knew, because I didn't," I laughed, shaking my head. "But you showed me more patience and kindness than anyone ever has before."

"The Moon Goddess did a good job," Lorenzo teased, beaming and pressing his lips to mine again, and I licked at his lips subtly, causing him to chuckle.

"There you are!" The both of us jumped at the loud voice, and I craned my neck to see Ellie standing in front of us with her arms folded, dressed in a beautiful white lace dress. Her hair was curled and pulled back into a pretty up-do, and she had gone overly heavy on the lipstick like usual, but it was her. I loved it.

"Impeccable timing, Ellie," Lorenzo grunted, jostling his arm so it was hung over my shoulders, pulling me closer to his side.

I followed Ellie into the house, multiple people turning to smile and nod at me, including Miss Aldridge, the sight of her somewhere other than the school causing me to widen my eyes. I had started to believe that she slept there.

Lorenzo was close behind me, weaving his way in and out of people, and we stopped at the drinks table, rows and rows of alcohol and soft drinks ready for the taking.

"This is going to be one hell of a clean up," I groaned, pouring myself a cup of soda. I had remembered what had happened the last time that I had drank, and it hadn't gone well. The thought scared me now, and I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to lose control again.

"Don't think about that now," Ellie muttered, pressing her hands to my cheeks and looking me directly in the eyes. "Tonight, we celebrate!"

I heard a bellowing laugh behind me, and Lily suddenly appeared, clutching Natasha close to her side. They were both dressed in black pant suits, having gone for a more formal approach to the party.