Chapter 5: Agreement

"I can't do this Aarav, I just can't. Take me out of my misery, please. I beg you"

These words fell on Aarav's ears and he felt himself crumble to bits inside. But he knew he had to keep himself together, because he belonged to Muskaan, and he couldn't give her a crumbled, weak man.

"Muskaan! Aise mat bolo."

(Muskaan! Don't talk like this.)

It took some coaxing on Aarav's end to get Muskaan to calm down, soon her cries turned into soft sniffles. Aarav leaned against the bathroom counter with Muskaan in his arms, giving her enough support so she could completely lean on him. He let Muskaan recite the event of the day whilst he gently took her hair out of the low bun, and brushed her hair with his fingers. With his other hand, he gently patted her back and gave her all his attention. The attention that was always hers.

He picked the girl up and sat her on the counter, before kneeling down to gently cup the back of her calf and taking off her heels. Standing back up, he wets a towel before gently taking hold of Muskaan's face. He whispers reassurances her way as he gently wipes her red eyes, removing her eyeliner streaks. He pats her skin all over her face to make s sure her ruined makeup is removed as much as possible.

"Let's go home? I don't want you to go through whatever it is that's going on outside."

Muskaan nods her head as she gazes at the man in front of her. He was giving her all the affection she had always wanted from a man. She thinks back to how foolish she was to think that every man in this world would treat her like her father and brother.

Aarav scoops his love in his arms. The arms that have always been a safe haven for Muskaan. The arms that she's spent the last week crying in. The arms, she's only now realising, are capable of holding her together.

The arms she had subconsciously craved her whole life. Aarav leaves behind the used towel and her heels, those being the last of his concerns and he walks out. Maya and Vaansh looking at the two walk out, Muskaan hides further in Aarav's chest as she feels Vaansh looking her way. Aarav holds her closer before addressing Maya.

"Muskaan's not feeling well. So I'm taking her home. Sorry, Maya. Will you be okay here?"

"Ye-yeah! Of course. Be careful with her. And call her boyfriend."

The only people who knew about Muskaan's boyfriend were Aarav, Riya and Maya. However, Maya had not met him ever. She had just heard of him but didn't know who he was. Hence, when Vaansh booked an appointment here, she didn't realise that this man was the man Muskaan was head over heels for.

Aarav's eyes wandered to Vaansh's before he says, "he's out of the picture, Maya."

Hearing Aarav's hard, cold voice Muskaan clutched onto Aarav tighter, as if in a plea to get her out of there. She didn't want Vaansh to see her like this. He had moved on, and he was clearly happy. So why should she sit and weep? Or at least show him that she was still weeping.

"Oh. Damn. I didn't know that. Anyway, I don't need to say this, but take care of her."

"Always."

Aarav brushes past everyone with Muskaan in his arms. He was focused on nothing except for the precious girl in his arms. They were almost at the car park when his car was when they heard a voice from behind them.

"Muskaan!"

Muskaan peeked over Aarav's shoulder only to see Vnash hurrying behind them. "Do you want to talk? If not, we leave and you don't even have to think about it."