Chapter 7: Pictures

Muskaan is lying on her bed, casually scrolling through her social media. Her blood boiling at the sight of the pictures of last night, Vaansh holding his soon-to-be wife with a huge grin on his face as if he didn't plead to her to be his mistress. Every single one of their friends from college had posted about it, and his best friends had posted with captions commenting on how she was his true soulmate. She thought things like that would hurt her, and cause her eyes to spill tears but to her surprise, her eyes burnt with anger. The more she looks through the images, the more the fire burns. His smiles work as fuel. How could he sit here and act all happy when he was desperate to keep her? How could he switch from happy to desperate to angry in one night? 

He wanted a mistress and a wife, he couldn't pick one woman so he tried to get both. Muskaan throws her phone on her bed before getting up, maybe a shower will calm her anger. But unfortunately, it doesn't. The pictures circle in her mind, running through her mind. Her vision blurs before she shuts her eyes as if that would put a stop to the visuals. The pictures, the captions the comments, and the replies all slowly run through her mind, they move faster in her mind as she processes everything. 

Congratulations to my best mate for finally finding the love of his life.

Cheers to the happy days ahead for YOU.

I knew you'd eventually find the ONE.

Muskaan stands under the shower, the cold water hitting her hair before running down her face and neck. Her eyes shut tight as she repeats these captions to herself. Her breathing was heavy, hands pushed against the tiles on the wall. She runs them over and over her head until finally, it clicks. Her eyes snap open, eyes red with anger. They were mocking her. They knew about her and Vaansh, they were his friends. They were mocking her. And that didn't sit well with her. The water rushes past her eyelids, escaping through her lashes to hit her eyes but she doesn't blink. Not once. She was too focused on something else.

She turns the shower off before reaching for the towel, the heat of her anger built running through her body causing the drops of cold water to turn into fumes and evaporate off her skin. They were mocking her, telling her she wasn't worth it, telling her he was better off with someone else, rubbing it in her face that he had moved on and was happy. Fine by her, she couldn't care less about him anymore. But one thing was certain, she wasn't going to let him or his friends get away with insulting her. Ever since last night, there was a shift in her. A shift that had now made her into a woman who was not going to put up with nonsense. And she never did, but for some reason when it came to Vaansh, it was different. She really wanted this to work. But now that he was on the bad side, he will have to face the worst of her. He and his friends weren't deserving of her kindness. They deserved her wrath, and now they were going to face it. 

She would stoop as low as hell if she needs to as an answer. She had to give an answer, she needed to clap back. And she will. Getting dressed, Muskaan puts on her outfit for the day before blow-drying her hair, her thoughts still consumed by what she saw. Stepping out of her bathroom, she rushes over to her room for her phone. It was her day off today, so she was just going to chill at home or go see her munchkins. Throwing herself in her bed she picked up her phone. Only to see more notifications of people putting up posts of last night. The more she looked the more her blood boiled. But in the background of one picture, she spotted something, which unintentionally bought a smile to her face. It was her, sitting next to Aarav, a smile on her face, the two leaning into each other, his eyes sparkling. She could see how relaxed she was, how focused she was on him, and how unaware she was of her surroundings.