Chapter 22: Confession

Muskaan giggles to herself as she listens to the sounds coming through the walkie-talkie. She's so glad she got the twins to help her out, those babies get what needs to be done, done. She tidies up the rubbish and hurries into the bathroom to fix her appearance. Standing in front of the mirror, she peers at her reflection. Muskaan fidgets nervously, heart racing, as she takes a deep breath to muster the courage. Words are selected carefully as she ponders over what exactly it is that she's going to say. Emotions bubble beneath the surface. It's a mix of excitement and vulnerability, hoping he'll understand the depth of her feelings. 

Eyes still set on her reflection she thinks over the words she's going to say. She fidgets with her sweaty hands as she stammers the words to herself. Taking a few minutes to herself she repeats the words to herself. Here excitement grows every time she says the words to herself and soon enough she finds herself giggling to herself as she repeats her simple confession. When ready, she fixes her hair and steps out of the bathroom. Casting an eye on the balcony one last time before walking out of the room. 

Meanwhile, Aarav is lying on the floor with his nephew sitting on him. His niece has taken the opportunity to brush out his hair so he can look "pretty."
"Chachu, you need to look super pretty. Or else it won't be good."

Smiling at the little girl, he lets her do what she wants. They always know how to cheer him up after a long day and that's exactly what they're doing right now. The sun begins to set slowly when Muskaan walks into their room. A cheerful smile makes its way onto her face when Aarav looks up and smiles at her. Aarav. Doing what he does best, lighting up the world around him.

As the sun sets on the horizon, peeking through the window, it casts a warm glow over the moment. Laughter erupts from Aarav at something Vihaan whispers in his ear. Muskaan feels a flutter in her chest, realising that his laughter is the soundtrack to her happiness. He is her happiness and he always will be. Taking a seat on the bed, she reaches for Meesha and pulls her onto her lap. The conversation finds a gentle flow and the four enjoy the moment. Muskaan cherishes it, this is going to be one of the last moments where her feelings are unknown to him. 

Aarav, on the other hand, watches her. Captivated by the way she moves the little girl in her lap. She looks divine in the white dress. To him, it's the embodiment of elegance wrapped in a blank white canvas. Like an innocent swan. As she looks at him, their gaze meets and he can't help but feel mesmerised by the radiance she exudes. 

"God Muskaan, you're like a living masterpiece. So prim and proper. So perfect." The words escape his lips before he can stop himself. But, seeing her blush, he smiles. "A living masterpiece only for me to admire."

Muskaan hushes him before telling the twins their chachu needs to rest. Holding his hand, she helps him up. Dropping a kiss on Meeash and Vihaan's foreheads she tells them to go to their parents' room to get ready for bed. Sending them off, Muskaan smiles at Aarav.

"I have a surprise for you."

"Lead the way, sweetheart."

They walk down the hallway to reach his room. Standing outside it, Muskaan takes a deep breath in before opening the door and stepping in first. Aarav follows in behind her, he knows something is waiting for him, but he has no clue it would be so magnificent. Muskaan watches his eyes light up as he looks at the softly lit balcony. The balcony is softly lit by fairy lights, casting a warm glow. A soft cream blanket spread on the floor, with a bouquet of red roses near the side with a charcuterie board next to it. The board is filled with all his favourites, it has a variety of cheeses, his favourite fruit and decadent chocolates and crackers.