Chapter 9: Burning

After hanging up, Muskaan turned to Chhaya who was already looking her way. A cheeky smirk covered Chhaya's face before she heaved a loud sigh, placed a hand on her heart, and fluttered her eyes at Muskaan. 

"Hayyeeeee. Itna saara pyaar!" (Aawwwww. So much love!)

Muskaan rolled her eyes at the dramatic, cheesy, and over-the-top acting of Chhaya. She turned away, not wanting to let her see the smile be visible to the three other people here. 

"Bhabhi, please!"

Chhaya giggled at the girl before reaching for Vihaan for a cuddle. The women fell into soft silence before Chhaya asked the question that she was burning to ask. Muskaan and Aarav had only told Chhaya and Rohan about everything that had happened and how the two were going to pretend to be dating for the world to see. But Chhaya was desperate to know how Vaansh's party had gone.

Muskaan told Chhaya everything, she needed to let it out to another girl. She wanted to tell Meera, but knowing her, she would have overstressed. Muskaan didn't want that. She also didn't want the men in her family to know, whether it was the Rao men or the Singhanina men, they would have all ended up doing something in rage and she didn't want that. She would lose control of the situation, and she needed to be in control.

Looking at the hung open mouth of Chhaya, "he wanted you to have an extra-marital affair with him! That asshole! I'll rip him apart, just let me get my hands on him!"

"Haawwwww! Chachi said a bad word!" Muskaan watched the twin run out to tell their grandfather that Chhaya can't have sweets today because she said a bad word. Turning her attention back to Chhaya, she nodded. 

"Yep! That's what he said. and then there were some posts on Instagram and there's just this weird energy and feel like they're directed at me."

Chhaya and Muskaan spent some time talking and Muskaan let out all her thoughts about Vaansh, her confusion about Aarav, her insecurities, and her worries. By the end of it, Chhaya had her arms wrapped around the girl as they held each other for some time. Chhaya said something that seemed to help loosen the tightness Muskaan had felt in her chest.

"Rohan was an ass. Vaanch is an ass. The man I married first wasn't deserving of me. The man you dated isn't deserving of you. I tried, but it didn't work. You tried, but it didn't work."

Muskaan looked at Chhaya, her hands in Chhaya's. "We both decided to leave them behind. But the difference is that Rohan worked for our marriage again. He did everything n his power to get me back. He went to therapy, he waited, and he showed me that he was a new person. He became deserving."

A gentle pat on Muskaan's hand, "But Vaansh hasn't done that. He's not deserving."

Muskaan smiled, "I know."

"But, what you don't know is that there is someone deserving and he's waiting. I know you've let go of Vaansh, but when you let go of the lingering emotions around you about the situation, that's when you'll truly be able to move on."

Muskaan smiled, knowing that she was on her path to remove all the sadness, disappointment, and everything that had to do with Vaansh. "I'll get there." 

"I know you will."

Turning the soft smile into a bigger one, Chhaya tugged the girl closer, "But make sure you vent, let your anger take revenge, and put all those little minions in their place first!"