Chapter 15: The Date

The next day, Aarav and Muskaan spent the day roaming around the streets of Agra. Muskaan insisted on going to see the Taj Mahal, but Aarav was adamant about making her wait. Letting out a frustrated sigh, she turns to face him, hands on her hips and a pot on her face. 

"Tum kya chahte ho? Mein kab se bol rahi ki chalte hain!" (What do you want? I keep saying that we should go!)

Aarav smiles at her, reaching for her face. He gently moves a strand of her hair out of her eyes. Capturing her chin he steps closer completely disregarding the looks of the bypassers. 

Muskaan watches him smile brightly at her, sincerity reflecting from his eyes.

"Mein tumhari har dadhkan jeetna chahta hun." (I want to win every heart beat of yours.)

Muskaan felt the little fluttery devils in her tummy go wild like they do every time she's with her. The sun shines brighter, the wind seems cooler as it teases her by brushing past her. 

The flowers in the store nearby blossom as bright as Aarav's smile as they watch the couple forget the world around them. Muskaan smiles at him, things that have never been said to her. No one chased her, no one had doted on her, no one had made her feel so wanted.

"Rooh, I think this is the perfect spot for a picture."

Muskaan's eyes glitter in the sun's rays as she lets out a dreamy sigh, she watches him look around to find someone who'll take some pictures of them. Muskaan peers down at her phone as Aarav explains to the elderly shopkeeper how to take the perfect picture.

There were seventeen missed calls, eighty-five messages, and a reply to all the Instagram stories. And all of this from one person. The person who she had chased for so long, the person who had betrayed her, the person who had made her feel like she wasn't worthy of even the bare minimum. 

Just as she was about to swipe the notifications off the screen another message appeared on her screen. It was from Vaansh, just like the others.

Don't ignore me! 

Laughing at the message, she does exactly what it had told her not to do. She ignores it before throwing her arms around Aarav and smiles brightly at the camera. She felt calm, and content. The sole reason Aarav and Muskaan were being the "it" couple online was to show her ex-boyfriend that she didn't care and she had moved on. 

It was out of anger, envy, and frustration because deep down, she did care. But as of now, it didn't feel she was doing it for any of those reasons. Right now, with his arms around her, his sunglasses hanging loosely from the pocket of his shirt, and a huge grin on his face, it felt good. Really good. Muskaan pushes her phone back into her pocket before giving her brightest smile to the elderly man taking their pictures.

Later that evening, Muskaan found herself sitting in front of the dressing table. She was dressed in a pastel blue Anarkali, Aarav had chosen it for her. Looking into her reflection she felt beautiful, like she deserved it. Muskaan's face lit up with excitement as she took in herself, now finally ready.

Slipping on her black heel, her mind wonders back to last night. Right here, in this exact room, she shared a kiss with the man who is her best friend, her fake boyfriend, her Deewana. And now suddenly, the butterflies in her tummy drop to the pit of her stomach. 

Muskaan knew that what happened last night wasn't what they had thought would have happened. They were dating for the eyes of the world, but behind closed doors, they were just friends. The friends like they've been all their lives. Muskaan and Aarav.

But now he was her Deewana, and she was his Rooh. But what did that mean exactly? There were lots of discussions that needed to happen. But for tonight they weren't going to put labels on anything. She was just going to bask in the feeling of having a Deewana and being his Rooh.

Sighing to herself, Muskaan leaves the room to the car that was waiting for her. Her eyes take in the beauty of Agra as they drive to the destination. Meanwhile, under a starlit sky, surrounded by twinkling lights, the air filled with the sweet fragrance of roses, Aarav waits for his love.

The view of the Taj Mahal was perfect from here, the clear sky and the full moon made the white stone glow into the night. He fiddles with the collar of his shirt before gently brushing the fluff off his beige pants. He had prepared a beautiful arrangement for them to have dinner, maybe dance and watch the Taj Mahal from afar before they go closer tomorrow.

His breath hitches when he stops her from coming towards him. She walks towards him, hands shaking, eyes focused on the lovestruck man in front of her. Her eyes take in the magnificent sight in front of her. A table set in the middle, a canopy covering it with twinkly lights all over it. Roses surround the table and canopy and the sight of the Taj Mahal right behind Aarav.

She struggles to catch her breath at the effort put in. Eforrt put in just for her.

As Muskaan was taking in the beauty in front of her, Aarav was struck by her beauty, he let his heart do the speaking. He sees her stop just a step away from the whole setup, so he walks over, and as he does, his heart can't help itself from speaking.

"Mere ishq pee aaj kya noor chada hai. Usse dekhne poora aasmaan khada hai."

Muskaan gulps as she peers up at him.

"Takte takte usse agar jaan bhi nikhal jaaye toh koi gham nahi. Agar uske husn se hi maut likhi hai, toh aisa hi saahi."

Aarav steps closer, grasping her hand.

"Mere meherbaan, bohot karwaya aapne intezaar, pr iss intezaar mein aur ho gaya hai aapse pyaar."

He leans down to give it a peck before pressing his forehead onto the back of her hand as if he were bowing down to her.

"Mere ishq pee aaj kya noor chada hai. Usse dekhne poora aasmaan khada hai."

Peeking up at her, he's overwhelmed by the soft aura radiating off of her. He waits a second her her to say something. But smiles when he doesn't hear anything.

"Aap khamosh khadi hai mere iqraar pr, aur humari dhadhkanein khadi hai aapke izhaar pe."

Aarav grabs both her hands and places them on his chest before pulling her closer to the center.

"Dil ki baat ek baar zubaan pr laa kr toh dekhiye. Meri deewanagi ko ek baar apna kr ke toh dekhiye."

Muskaan peeks up at him, her cheeks going crimson red. She's never felt this way before. No one has spoken to her like that before.

"Mere ishq pee aaj kya noor chada hai. Usse dekhne poora aasmaan khada hai."

Aarav lets out a dreamy sigh as he finishes his words. He couldn't believe that the things he'd been dying to do for Muskaan, he could finally do. He can finally be the book-boyfriend he's dreamt of being. Fake boyfriend. 

Okay, guys! I promised up update for Sunday.

But I guess you guys get it one day earlier!

Please remember to vote, share, and comment!

Consider joining my Insta family and I'll see you in the next update.

ALSO this update is 1200 words, that's the average length of all my chapters <3

ALSOOOOOO - I'm considering writing SMUT for this book! IDK, it's just a thought, but let me know what you think about the idea.