Chapter 19: Value

It's been a week since Aarav and Muskaan have gotten back from Agra and right now Muskaan is sitting at her desk, waiting for her next client. Her next client is Avantika. Muskaan has no idea what to expect from this appointment, other than the fact it is going to be a shock. Muskaan hasn't received any calls from Vaansh in the past week and she knows that the recording that was sent has something to do with it. 

The clicking of heels grabs Muskaan's attention and Maya leads Avantika in. She leaves them to go attend her own client and the two women exchange a polite hello. They sit opposite each other as Muskaan sets up a profile for the event and grabs Avantika's email. They are quiet as Muakaan types away. 

"So, what is this occasion for? I need it for the paperwork and records."

Avantika leans back, looks down and fiddles with her finger. Muskaan's eyes follow and she notices the absence of a ring. "It's my 'single again' party."

"A what sorry?"
Avantika rolls her eyes at the gawking look Muskaan throws her way.

"I broke it off with Vaansh and I'd like to celebrate it."

Muskaan nods her head as she fills out the paperwork. "And I'd also like to give you an apology."

The women look at each other and Muskaan waits for her to keep going, "I judged you off of what Vaansh had told me. I was rude every time I met and I encouraged the behaviour of his friends online with the posts. I shouldn't have done that. I apologise for it."

Muskaan feels a heavy burden lift from her mind as she looks at the woman in front of her. She lets the information sink in before she clears her throat. "I'd also like to make an apology. I didn't you the recording from a good place. It was out of envy and the desire for revenge. I'm sorry."

The women look at each other, nod and then look away, there's still some awkward energy. "And yes, I'm sorry for that night too, when you- uh- um- found us....in a- uh..situation."

Muskaan looks back up, "You mean the night I found you two almost having sex?"

"Yes."
"I guess it was traumatising seeing you two, but you did it with him. I think you're the one who needs to be apologised to."

Avantika's eyes widen and she bites her lip, "Well, yes. Looking back, I was promised a good time, which I didn't get."

"There you go, I'm sorry." The two stare at each other in complete silence before a laugh escapes Aavantika, leading both of them to let out the laugh they've been holding. 

Later that day, Muskaan finds herself telling Riya about the appointment. Chhaya and Meera are picking out clothes for Chhaya. Chhaya and Rohan are going to Poland as soon as they cross 6 months, which was going to be next month anyway. According to Rohan's research that's the best country for childbirth in terms of their facilities and care. So of course that's where his child was going to be born. Chhaya had protested, but a promise to have all his time and lots of travelling was convincing enough. They're going to spend the rest of the pregnancy there and then come home with their baby. 

"Are you serious?" Riya asks as she wipes the corner of her mouth. 

"Yep. And now I'm planning her party."

Riya takes a moment to think over the newly found information before nodding, "That's kind of awesome though."