Epilogue: The Big Move

5 months later - 

"Aarav?"

Muskaan walks out of the room of their new apartment. They had the pooja yesterday and moved in. And all the Rao's and Singania's were staying over. Rohan and Chhaya had also come back two weeks ago with their baby boy from Poland. The family still not getting over the fact that Rohan flew Chhaya out for her delivery. But, alas, Rohan couldn't care less. It's early and the noise from the kitchen woke Muskaan up. She's surprised that no one in the living room woke up. Considering everyone is over, they made sleeping arrangements in the living room.

Aarav's black shirt contrasts with the minimal, white aesthetic of the kitchen. His hair is pushed back with her headband and a spatula in his hand. He smiles at her and opens his arm to call her closer. Muskaan sighs and melts against him. 

"I'm just making everyone breakfast. Meine socha ki abh jab humari sagai ho chuki hai, toh apne hone wale in-laws ko impress kiya jaye with my pehli rasoi."

(I just thought, now that we're engaged, I should impress my soon-to-be future in-laws with my 'pehli rasoi')

Muskaan squints her eyes at him as he holds up his hand with his gold ring on it and a smirk on his face. When they told their parents about moving in together, they had one condition and that was to get married first. After negotiating, they decided to get engaged and move in together promising that their apartment would only be 15 minutes away from both the Rao and Singhania homes. Aarav wanted to give her a huge proposal, but when Muskaan mentioned she'd prefer a homey get-together as soon as Chhaya and Rohan got back, he gave her exactly that and it was perfect.

 "Pehli rasoi shaadi ke baad hoti hai." (this happens after marriage.)
"Mein advanced hun." (I'm ahead.)
"Aur normally ghar ki bahu krti hai yeh sab."  (And normally done by the bride.)

"Mein inn sab purane khyalon ke aage hun." (I'm ahead of the old-fashioned traditions.)

With a cheesy grin on her face, she rolls her eyes at her fiance and moves away to let him do his thing. She watches him do his thing, admiring the sight she's going to see for the rest of her life until a cry catches her attention. It was Ayaansh, Chhaya and Rohan's little baby boy. The cry is followed by Rohan's voice cooing at his baby as he walks out of the guest bedroom. 

He walks out with his baby in his arms, smiling at the couple in the kitchen as he soothes his baby. Muskaan smiles, remembering how awkward was with Meesha and Vihaan when they were born. And how he's holding his 3-week-old baby against his bare chest. A sleepy Chhaya follows behind them and walks into the kitchen. She leans her head on Muskaan. 

"I didn't know seeing your husband as a father would be this hot."

Aarav lets out a dramatic gasp, "That's scandalous to say bhabhi."

The laughs that erupt from the two girls wake up Shourya, Meera, Virat and Anushka in the living room. Shourya leans over to put his arm around his wife, only to find him lying next to his wife's brother.

"Let's keep the romance to your wife, and not me." 

Meera giggles at her brother's words as Shourya rubs his eyes. Slowly the family begin to wake up and get ready for the day. Muskaan sets the dining table for breakfast as Aarav gets the dishes plated up. They were loving every second of the morning, being surrounded by family. 

"My Ayaansh has such pretty eyes." Chhaya gently places her baby in Meesha and Vihaan's lap and the family cooes at the little girl's words. "I can't wait for him to meet Nishaant!"