Chapter 6: Girlfriend

Three months and one week ago Muskaan's world turned upside down. Three months ago and one week ago Aarav found the love of his life weeping on the side of the road. Three months and one week ago Aarav decided to fast for the long life of his beloved. 

Three months ago Vaansh came to Muskaan's office to organise an engagement party for himself. Three months ago, Aarav gathered the broken pieces of the sweet girl in her office bathroom. Three months ago the two came to an agreement, where for the world the two would be a couple, where Aarav would teach her how to love, where Muskaan would show the world that the betrayal her heart was struggling to forget didn't affect her one bit.

Not long after they came to that agreement did Aarav manage to convince the girl to tell her family about Vaansh. With her two best friends beside her, she told her family everything, expecting them to be upset with her. However, Muskaan's father, Suraj, gently cupped his daughter's face and gave her a gently gave her head a gentle kiss. Sitting on her office desk, Muskaan thought back to that talk with her family.

FLASHBACK:

"Beta, what happened? Hum sab ko aise kyun bulaya hai?" 

(Why have you asked everyone to come here?)

Muskaan gazed at everyone sitting opposite her, she took a deep breath in an attempt to calm her rapidly beating heart. She had to tell her family. She knew they would be worried, but they'll be there for her which is what she needed the most.

"Baba, I uh- When I was 18- uh."

Aarav puts his hand on hers, giving her the courage needed. Taking a deep breath in again, she looks up at her family.

"Do you guys remember Vaansh?" Seeing her family nod, Muskaan sighs. 

"I had been dating him since I was 18, and he's been cheating on me, and is getting married soon. And I'm planning his wedding."

Meera stares at her sister, wide-eyed. "Muskaan. Wha-"

"It's true. I'm sorry I didn't say anything before but-"

"Oh, my child!"  Rohini pulls her daughter into a hug, cutting her sentence. "My bacha, itna sab hua aur hume bola bhi nahi."

(All of this has happened and you didn't even tell us.) 

Muskaan gazes at the rest of her family as they gently smile at Rohini's dramatic reaction. Muskaan was glad that her family was there and showed her the support she wanted. She was grateful for her friends who were there. The family spent the rest of the day cooped up together, cheering Muskaan up. 

FLASHBACK OVER

Over the past three months, a lot has happened including a number of meetings with Vaansh and his family to plan his engagement party. Something else that happened was Vaansh's mother inviting her to the engagement. Not having the heart to say no to the sweet invitation, Muskaan just nodded her head and gently grabbed the card.

That day Muskaan found herself in Aarav's office. 

FLASHBACK:

"Why me? I thought....."

"He showed me these huge dreams, built them up since we were 18, and then suddenly made them disappear. Just like that."

Aarav held Muskaan in his arms and he gently jostles her. He smooths her hair out and waits before turning her face up to meet her eyes.