Chapter 12: Flights and Fights

Shourya drops Meera and Muskaan off at the Rao's, knowing Meera is going to be restless without proper answers. The brothers were on their way home when Shourya's phone went off again. Answering it with his hands-free, Shourya waits for a response from the other side. Only to hear a Rohan shouting.

"Why has Aarav canceled his meeting for the next few days? That too with one of our most important clients!?"

Aarav winces at the voice and Shourya looks at him dumbstruck, "You canceled the meetings?"

Aarav opens his mouth to speak, but the clearly annoyed voice on the other side of the phone keeps talking. 

"And why is there a video of Aarav and Muskaan at the shopping center? No bigger question, WHY IS MUSKAAN SMASHING SOME GUY'S FACE?"

The brothers look at each other, before Shourya opens his mouth to get a word in, but can't because Rohan isn't done. 

"ANY WHY ARE THEY IN HANDCUFFS BEING TAKEN AWAY BY THE POLICE?"

Shourya and Aarav stare at each other for a solid minute, expecting Rohan to keep talking, but they find silence on the other side.

"Aaarre bolo bhi!" (Say something!)

That was enough to get the two to erupt into fits of laughter, Imagining his unimpressed look, their laugh gets louder. 

"I need the two of you in my office pronto, got it?" The brothers manage to get in an okay, before Rohan hangs up, mumbling about where his wife is. 

It didn't take long before the three were sitting in Rohan's office, on the sofa. Aarav sitting across from Shourya and Rohan came up with an explanation about why he canceled such important meetings.

"Bhai! I'm taking Muskaan to Agra to see the Taj Mahal."

The two looked at him like he had grown two heads, Shourya was unaware of the fact that his younger brother and his sister-in-law were fake dating, but he knew something was up. Rohan leans back resting his elbow on the arm of the sofa and questions Aarav.

"You've decided to take Muskaan to Agra?"
"Correct."
"To see the Taj Mahal?"
"Correct."
"Which is why you canceled the meetings?"
"Correct."

"That would have earned us hundreds of millions?"
"Correct."

Shourya raises his eyebrow, and Rohan smirks.

"Whipped." "Total goner." "Welcome to the party, mere bhai." "When did this happen?"

"My dear brothers," Aarav looks at them with a cheesy grin, "Please don't pretend like this is news. I was always a goner for that girl."

Rohan and Shourya looked at Aarav shocked at his words, they knew he was head over heels for her, but this was the first time he was saying it.

"Anyway, I gotta go. We have a flight to catch." Saying that he stood up and left, leaving behind two very stunned men. In less than two hours, Aarav found himself sitting next to the woman he loved with all his heart. The plane was yet to take off, they had thirty minutes and Muskaan was bust putting up another post of her with her 'boyfriend.' The whole purpose of this was to show the world she had moved on and didn't give two craps about Vaansh. 

And that was definitely the only reason she had placed his hand on her thigh, it had nothing to do with the fact that his warm hand on her thigh did things to her. Aarav watches her do her thing, using him like her property to get what she wants. It hurt him, knowing that this was for show, but he signed up for it.

He was the one who said that they could pretend to be a couple. So now he had to face the consequences of telling the girl her loved to fake date. 

"Hello sir, Ma'am. Is there anything I can get you?"

The voice of the hostess brings the two out of their thoughts, declining the offer, the two look away from each other. They avoided each other throughout the two-hour flight, they didn't know what to say. Both of them were clouded with their own thoughts.

It was late at night when they reached their hotel room, both still silent. 

Aarav had booked one room but requested two beds. As they walk in, they find only one. Seeing this, something ticked in Muskaan. Deep down she knew he wouldn't do this on purpose. But knowing that he loves her and she's having feelings of her own she finds things too hard to deal with. 

SO SO SO SO SORRY FOR THE SHORT UPDATE! I have reports to write, also working on the Kindle version of Kismat and my best friend is getting married!
I PROMISE I'LL GIVE YOU A LONGER ONE VERY SOON!!!
SOOORRRRRYYYYYYY

MUJHE MAAF KRDOOOO PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!

PPPLLLEEEAAASSSSEEEEE