Chapter 17: Mine

Aarav helps Muskaan out of the car. They had just landed, gotten lunch, and now arrived at the Singhania's home. Shourya and Rohan were persistent in that Muskaan should stay the night so that everyone could have dinner together and get to hear everything about Agra. Muskaan quickly sends the phone call recording off to Avantika, Vaansh's fiancee. 

Aarav smiles down at her before grabbing her bag. They walk in, smiling at each other and thinking back to the beautiful memories they made. They knew that even though their lines were blurred between giving themselves a name and being the online, fake relationship, there was something growing, something that they wouldn't be able to control and something that would either be a beautiful fairytale or disastrous heartbreak.

Opening the door, Aarav passes the bags to the house help and guides Muskaan in. Entering the living room, they find Raj and Suman sitting with some guests. Aarav smiles at his mother, before walking over to give her a big bear hug.

"Maa!" "Mera beta."

Raj playfully rolls his eyes at the mother and son before calling Muskaan over. He stands and gives her forehead a kiss. Muskaan laughs at him and says, "Uncle!"

"Meri beti!" 

Suman and Raj squint their eyes at each other and give each other a stare-down only to be interrupted by their guests. Muskaan holds back her laugh when the couple sober up and giggles at their guests. 

"Aarav, Muskaan. Yeh Pranav Sharmaji hai, yeh inki patni Anjili ji"

(This is Pranav Sharma and his wife, Anjili.)

Aarav and Muskaan fold their hands and greet them with courteous Namaste.

"Aur yeh unki beti hai, Jiya." (And this is their daughter, Jiya.)

They greet each other and Suman introduces Aarav and Muskaan, to them. Muskaan goes to excuse herself, but Aarav insists she stays. He subtly pouts her way, so when Raj tells her to stay, she does. The group holds up a conversation before Pranav looks at his daughter. Muskaan watches her peek at Aarav who is busy talking to Suman. 

Muskaan doesn't like how Jiya is peering at him, she doesn't like how Pranav smiles at his daughter before turning to Raj. She has a feeling she's not going to like what was about to be said. She tries to grab Aarav's attention, who is sitting to her left, near his mother. But he was so busy in the conversation, that he didn't notice. 

A burning sensation runs through her body as she holds her breath. "Raj ji. Actually, we've been thinking something."

Muskaan feels herself, move to the edge of her seat, her eyes set on Jiya. Muskaan watches her smile at Aarav, a light blush covering her cheeks, Muksaan almost cringes at the heart eyes in the girl's eyes. Muskaan knows that look, she had carried it for years. 

"Ji kahiye." (Yes, please go ahead.)

Muskaan watches how Aarav shuffles in his seat, aware of the gaze on him. "We've met you and your family a few times. And we've heard great things about your children, especially Aarav."

Suman's eyes snap to Muskaan before she peeks over at her husband. She knew there was something there between them, she wasn't blind. Raj gazes at his son, who is clearly overwhelmed by the attention. Anjili leans over and grabs Suman's hand, who in return gives an awkward giggle.