Chapter 15

Word Count: 1498

Taylor's POV

"Hey baby love, can you wake up for me?" I whisper into Averie's ear as I hold her close. My hand cradles her head as I try to calm her. I woke up to her on top of me and shaking like a leaf. It was pretty evident that this was a nightmare or bad dream.

"Baby come on, it's okay," I rub her back as I continue to hold her closer.

When she wakes, she's panicked and she quickly re-attaches herself to the closest thing: me. If there was a part of her body not touching me earlier, it is now. She seems out of it as I try to console her tears.

"You're okay, it's all okay now. You're safe and sound, we're in your bedroom," I remind her as I slowly get out of bed to walk around the room with her.

I feel her small fingers dig into my skin as her legs wrap all the way around my waist. I'm still in recovery so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that I'm that small.

"Shh, Shh I've got you, babe. It's okay," I whisper in the dimly lit room.

Averie's POV

It's dark and scary and I just want out. I can hear myself screaming but it sounds distant.

I kick my legs trying to get help but nothing moves. I'm stuck and I can feel her watching me. She won't leave me. She's right there. She's beside me and there's no one here to protect me.

"Shh, Shh I've got you, babe. It's okay," someone whispers in my ear interrupting my thoughts. My face is wet but I don't remember crying. I shudder at the thought trying to get a grip on my reality.

"It's alright darling, just open your eyes. You're not there, it's just a dream." The voice continues to soothe me as I snuggle closer to them. I feel myself being lightly bounced.

I slowly peel my eyes open to see Taylor looking directly at me. The look of concern is evident on her face as she scans mine. "Hey, you're safe," is the first thing that she tells me. I don't answer her just wrap my arms around her figure. I like this, it feels safe. I love this feeling.

I feel a kiss being placed on my head as I melt into this comforting feeling. Why did I tell her she was a meanie? I don't think this is mean. She even took the time to lie down next to me, no one ever does that anymore. It was like she was here to protect me from the bad dreams. I don't remember how we got here but I'm fairly sure I wasn't far away from her if she woke up to my nightmare.

"Hmm, babes?" Taylor prompts me but I wasn't listening.

"Should we go get a drink? Greg and I went shopping, we got you a new cup that I think you'll like," Taylor tries to shift her hold on me.

My legs are wrapped around her waist and my arms are around her neck so tight that she can't move me. "Stay," I whisper to her.

"I'm not going anywhere. Let's get you some water, you've been crying for a while," she tells me as she leans over the bed reaching for something.

"Here's Piglet," she tells me trying to slip him into my hold. I just smash him between Taylor and me because I don't want to let her go.

"Okay, let's go hunt down your new cup," she tells me as she carries me out to the kitchen. I lay my head down against her chest. I don't want to leave her now, she feels oddly safe.

"Good afternoon ladies, how was your nap?" Greg greets us in the living room when we walk through.

"It was okay, a little scary at the end but we're good now," Taylor answers for us as she walks into the kitchen.