Chapter 32

Happy Monday surprise update! Please leave lots of comments cause instead of my homework I wrote this chapter :)

Word Count: 3716

Taylor's POV

Today our day started as early as possible. I am now tired and grouchy and it's only noon. I made sandwiches for lunch and Averie looks like she's about to pass out. She didn't nap this morning because she was so enthralled with the cats. She loves following them from room to room.

I'm fairly sure that the cats think she's hunting them now. Joe has had the least amount of sleep out of all of us. He's lying down now as I watch Averie try to play with the cats. They aren't too interested but it's better than me having to do so. I wanna sleep. Where did she get this energy?

"Averie?" I asked from my spot on the couch where I was watching her.

"Huh?" She turned to look at me.

"How about we watch a movie?"

"Can we watch any movie?" She perked up at the sound of that.

"Yeah, can you go get your water and we can watch it in the guest room?" I directed her, pulling myself into a sitting position.

"Yay!! Can we have chocolate?!?" She jumped up excitedly. Olivia ran away from the loud noise, a quick escape on her part.

"How about after dinner? We can go out and explore the city a little," I suggested because she doesn't need any more sugar. Oh my god, who am I to refuse a child ice cream? What is happening to me?

"Okay," she agreed simply standing in front of me. I grab my tumbler cup and take her hand to guide her up the steps. It's not that she can't go up the stairs but more so that she has a hard time going up them.

She abruptly stopped halfway and held her arms out to me silently asking to be carried. I gave in hoping that if she laid down with me then she'd fall asleep quicker.

I set her down on the end of the bed and our waters on the nightstand. We had spent the day lounging in the house so there was no need to change.

"What do you want to watch?" I asked while pulling back the covers for us. I totally forgot about the toddler gates I added to this bed. They were a little inconvenient for me but it's easier than buying a whole new bed. Joe was napping in my room and I didn't want to wake him. Hopefully, he can deal with her waking early tonight. That way I can sleep peacefully.

"Your movies," she answered immediately.

"I think you've seen all of them, baby," I nervously responded.

"Can we watch them again?" She asked next.

"Yeah if that's what you want," I comply. There's no harm in that, anything pre-1989 should be fine. "Or we can watch the Lorax?" I suggested remembering that I was in that one also.

"What is that?"

"It's an animated movie about the environment," I explained pulling it up on Netflix to show her.

"What's the environment?" She repeated.

"It's like the earth's health," I stupidly explained. I don't have any good words in my head right now.

"The earth can get sick?" She exclaimed.

"Kind of," I furrowed my eyebrows thinking of a way to better explain the environment without using the word itself.

"Is this it?" She tilts her head confused as the trailer plays.

"Yep," I nod affirmatively as I watch her face contort as she stares at the screen.