Chapter 26

Word Count: 3636

Taylor's POV

It wasn't the first time that I've done long distance with Joe but that didn't stop me from missing him any less. Leaving London last week felt a lot harder than it usually does and I'd have to chalk that up to Averie. I miss the little girl a lot more than I expected. However I'm constantly on the go, so I didn't expect this to hit me as hard as it did.

I talk to Joe every day through text or FaceTime. We have always made it a priority for us to touch base at least once a day. I haven't been able to chat with Averie as much as I wish I could. The time change makes it difficult, especially since I'm not an early riser and she goes to bed when I'm usually working.

According to Elizabeth, Averie's been in a bad mood since I left. She's become very critical of everyone saying that they don't do anything right. Joe asked me to film a video of the cats so that Averie could see them at her request. She also asked me to send a few observation videos. I'm not sure why but I complied nonetheless. Hopefully, they weren't used to bullying any more of her family members. Joe told me that she threw a few of her plastic tea cups at Patrick because he wasn't being careful enough with his fake tea.

The night after I left, Joe and I had a serious conversation about his plan for Averie and how she'd fit into our relationship. I made it clear that I didn't feel right seeing him without also making her a priority in my life. He mentioned that he has an upcoming filming project in the States and that maybe this could be a good time for her to come with him. We haven't worked out the details since I'm not entirely sure where I'll be with my new album release coming up. The first step however is getting her a passport because she can't travel without one, even if she flies private.

After Elizabeth sent me a video of Averie's last meltdown, which was a little funny, I decided that she might need something to help her have some calm time alone. She can always play by herself or look at books but after spending so much time with her, I think it would be better to get her a tablet or iPad. This way she has something that she can have with her on the go. I noticed that Averie has a lot of downtime when she's getting babysat either by her grandparents or uncles. She goes everywhere with them and that doesn't allow for a lot of toys. It felt a little childish but Blake suggested that I make a list of reasons, because I don't want to come off as if I know better. I don't really, I mean there are some things I notice that he doesn't but that's because I'm an overthinker. However, I don't know how to parent, like I haven't ever raised a child so I can't pass judgment like that.

So I made him a very detailed list of reasons why it would be a good thing. It had things like learning, stories, facetime, etc., plus some rules that other parents (aka my friends) give their children. He didn't seem offended by my offer at all, he only wanted to pay for it. We argued some more and decided on half and half. I might have lied about the shipping part though, but it's only because I wanted the iPad to come to my house first. Joe and I set it up together over Facetime so that it would be completely ready for Averie by the time it arrived. It was free shipping but then I had to pay to ship it to the UK. International shipping is no joke, it was so expensive. Shipping, in general, is so expensive but I was still surprised when my assistant told me how much it was. It's not that Joe can't set it up, but I had to ask Blake to help me change the parental settings. James is only about a year and a half-ish younger than Averie. I have a feeling they'd be trouble and trouble together. Averie would probably get sweet baby James to do something crazy.

I expedited the shipping so that they could get it quickly. When Elizabeth confirmed she received the package, we set a time and date for a proper Facetime call on Friday. We agreed that lunchtime here would be a good time to call them. It would be post-Averie downtime, but pre-Averie meltdown at dinner. She's had a hard time sleeping so she's been throwing fits at dinner as a result of her sleepiness.