Chapter 17

My tiktok fyp page generated this. The fake Taylor & Joe kid is so adorable. 🥹

Word Count: 1842

Taylor's POV

I rub my hand up and down Averie's back as she dozed off. Her breathing sounds fill the peaceful air. This is probably the first time all week that she's actually taken a peaceful nap.

She has a tight grasp on my shirt as she sleeps soundly while cuddling up against me. I lean my chin down and gently kiss her head again. The small devil child hasn't looked this kind since my first day with her. I can't help the smile that creeps across my face.

I shift slightly to grab my phone out of my pocket before snapping a cute selfie with the toddler. Before I get too caught up by awing at her angel-like figure, I text Greg who magically appears in the doorway a few seconds later.

"Hey, you got her to sleep," he grins comically at me.

"Shh, please don't wake her," I plead.

"Wouldn't dream of it, what'd you need?"

"If I order dinner, can you go pick it up?"

"Sure, do you need anything else today or do you want me to head back to the hotel after?"

"You can head back but you're welcome to eat with us if you want," I tell him as Averie shifts slightly in her sleep.

"It's okay, I'll get out of your hair for a little. Just don't do anything stupid," Greg warns me.

"Me do something stupid," I scoff playfully.

"You know what I mean," Greg rolls his eyes.

"I know, I know," I concede quickly, considering the last year was full of scares, "I'll text you where and when for food. I'm not leaving the house again tonight so you're welcome to head out whenever," I tell him.

"Okay, let me know if you need anything else," he reminds me.

"Thanks," I smile at him before waving him off. Since Averie decided it was nap time, I don't suppose my watching tv would matter. All I have to do is not move too much.

I find a nearby restaurant and order takeout online since I can't be bothered to call them. I put the order under Greg's name. It just makes it easier.

Once that's set up I text Greg all the details and turn on the TV. Joe luckily hadn't been here in so long that he was completely logged out of everything. I didn't feel as bad logging into my own accounts instead. Plus it makes it a lot easier to keep up with my shows. Not that there's much to keep up with because I've been here a few weeks and that's not enough episodes to sustain my boredom.

I probably should be working on my new album but I can't be bothered to do that when Averie's right here. Well, it's more like I am scared to wake the devil child on accident.

———

"Taylor, hey, Taylor," a soft kiss on my cheek wakes me slowly. When did I fall asleep? I wasn't even that tired.

I squint my eyes and look up to see Joe staring back at me. I blush at his eye contact before whispering a quiet "Hey, you're back."

"Yeah, I got back about an hour ago actually. I heard you both had a rough day so I thought I'd let you sleep a little longer," he whispers as he pushes some hair behind my ear.

"Yeah, it wasn't the best," I yawn, trying to wake up without moving too much. I don't think waking Averie right now would help.

"Greg didn't say much when he dropped dinner off. Just that you guys had a rough day," Joe explains. I was gonna ask who told him but I guess that's answered. "You know that I'm not expecting you to be a housewife, right? I can cook dinner and you don't have to take care of Averie every afternoon."