2 | Jade

"Take your stuff and get out before anyone sees you."

I called out the woman who was sleeping in my bed and told her the exact same thing for the fifth time now, but every time she just mumbled something and drifted off to sleep. She was now getting on my nerves.

I took her clothes from the floor and threw them harshly on her face, hoping that this time she would wake up, and it worked. She scrunched her face in what seemed like irritation and slowly sat on the bed.

"Why don't you let me sleep?"

I rolled my eyes and said, "You are not sleeping here. I told you what I was bringing you for in my bedroom, and trust me, doll, you have given me a very good orgasm that I know I have returned. But now you can get out." I smiled sweetly at her after saying it, to which she sighed.

She understood quickly what I meant; she was smart. I mean, whenever I bring a girl to my bedroom, I clearly tell them it's pure sexual satisfaction with no strings attached. I even gave money to some of the girls who demanded it. All I wanted was a distraction, and I could do anything for that.

She put her dress back on and grabbed her heels in her hand before leaving the room. I followed her outside to make sure she didn't try something fishy. I was still wearing no shirt, but I don't think there are any other women in the house that would mind me like this, as only Christian, Adrian, and I were living here.

I was so sure that Christian and Adrian weren't home for now, as they always returned late at night every day from work, and right now it was late evening. But as I came down from the stairs where the living area was, me and the woman were both shocked to see my brother Christian in the kitchen with a coffee mug in one hand and a file in another.

Well, this was embarrassing.

He stared at both of us, a bit annoyed, and then turned around, reading the file and sipping his coffee. I cleared my throat and signaled the girl to leave, and she immediately got out of the house. My brother knew about my recent habit of bringing girls home, but he never really said anything. Well, he never really saw them coming inside the house or leaving before. But right now, I could sense that the worst was about to happen.

As I made my way to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator to grab a can of beer, I could sense Christian giving me a side eye. I closed the refrigerator and looked at him, dumbfounded, while he glanced away.

"What?" I couldn't take it anymore, so I finally decided to clear this up now.

"You tell me," he said, putting the file and the mug on the kitchen counter before facing me, "What was all that about?"

"Don't pretend like you had no clue." I opened the can and took a gulp of beer, not saying anything more.

He sighed, and I knew that there was a lecture coming my way about my life choices.

"Jade--"

"Where's Adrian?" I cut him off before he could continue. I didn't want to get lectured right now; I was tired. "All I know is that he left early yesterday morning and hadn't returned since," I said and looked at him with knowing eyes. "Where is he, Christian?"

"He is off for some work." He said this after clearing his throat, avoiding eye contact this time. I knew what work he was off from too.

To again search for a fucking therapist for me.

My blood boiled at the thought of having a therapist again. I don't need one. What I needed was people to let me be in whatever condition or situation I was in.

I walked past him and poured the remaining beer in the sink before crushing it with my hand. I was so angry at this point. I threw the can in the sink itself and gave a glare to my eldest brother before leaving. But his words made me stop in my tracks.

"We are trying to fix you, Jade."

I clenched my jaw. "Then stop trying." I said it through gritted teeth in a low voice.

"What?"

"I SAID STOP TRYING TO FIX ME!" I yelled and turned back to look at him. I was so frustrated at this point. Why don't they understand that I don't need another human to fix me? How can they possibly do that when everyone and everything in this world is fake?

While my eyes showed rage, I saw nothing but concern in his soft ones. "You had your chances to fix things when I told you to make your decisions. Where was your concern at that time?" I said that, looking straight into his eyes. I hated his concern.

I wanted him to fight with me, to lash out at me, or even punch me, because that would give me a reason to hate him more. But every single time I provoked him, he showed nothing but care. As if everything that happened wasn't his fault.

"Somethings are better left broken, Jade. Because in the process of fixing them, we lose ourselves."

I scoffed at his words. He was wrong. People can still fix things when they have their chance. It's not my fault that he didn't take one.

"This is not my brother talking," I spat. "This the CEO of the Grogan industries talking."

And that's it. I saw the hurt in his eyes. I wanted to hurt him, and I did. Without saying any other word, I left and headed straight back to my room.

I know he loved me; he was my brother. But the things he did are enough for me to hate him more than I love him.

And right now, I needed to get out of this house. I needed a distraction. I don't want my memories to hurt me again. I don't want to be fucking weak again. And that's what I did. I left the house after putting a shirt on.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧