55 | Aurora

When I opened my eyes in the morning, Jade had already left, and there was an empty place next me on my bed, with a note indicating that he had gone earlier back to the hotel where he was staying to freshen up and wear a new pair of clothing before we left for Edmonton. He also added that he had cooked scrambled eggs before leaving after discovering the egg tray in the refrigerator and deciding to make something for me.

After finishing my morning routine and exiting my room, I went straight to the kitchen and discovered the breakfast made by him. I heated the contents in the microwave, and when I took my first bite, a satisfied smile came on my lips.

As much as I was used to him making my mornings special in the past few months, today felt different—something that I have been waiting to feel for a long time.

The sense of love.

The past us were confused about what he had between each other—was it just some infatuation and tension, or was there something more to it?

But today, at this moment, I know exactly what this was and why my heart craved for this feeling to be forever with me.

And after last night, I know that Jade also feels the same way about me.

He knew the effect he had on me and that he could have turned the events of the last night into something more intimate. But he was there for me, just comforting me in the best way that he could, never thinking about the latter, which could have happened even once, knowing that I needed his warmth more than anyone else at that moment.

I am not mad at him. I was never mad at him to begin with. When he said all those things the last time I saw him in Christian's room, it was the instant response and the pent of emotions inside of him that spoke for his trauma, and maybe if I were in his place, or if anyone else was in his place, they would have done the same or even the worst.

But I cannot lie that I wasn't hurt, and there is a very thin line between being hurt and being mad at someone.

When people are hurt, they can always make things right and work toward alleviating that factor that made them hurt, but when they are mad at someone, they always end up taking harsh decisions in the heat of the moment.

Jade may be the toughest person I have ever met when it comes to showing his emotions, but he wasn't a robot who didn't have them.

He just needs a light in his life.

When the doorbell rang, an unexpected giddiness twirled inside my stomach with the anticipation of who it must be.

Jade.

Quickly running to the door, I opened it and saw exactly the person whom I wanted to see right now.

He smiled when his eyes looked at me. "Good morning, Ocean."

He stood there, wearing his signature custom-styled Armani, looking more than perfect, like he always used to.

I sucked my bottom lip between my teeth while listening to his voice, and my thoughts went back to the events of our past.

"First of all, it's not how my morning starts." He approaches me, wraps his arms around my waist from behind, and presses his face against my neck. "Good morning, baby."

"Where are you lost?" He waves his hand in front of my face.

"Nothing." I looked down at my feet. "I thought that's not how your mornings start."

My eyes slowly travelled back to his dark ones, indicating he understood what exactly I had been thinking.

He took a step toward me. "Am I allowed to do it the way I want?"