44 | Jade - Aurora

✧.* Jade ✧.*

Kiara's presence in this place felt so oppressive, like someone was pushing my head under the water, and every time I attempted to free myself, I was met with even more oppression within my chest.

The pain in my heart that I had been attempting to ignore for so long reappeared in full bloom when I saw Kiara again after all these years. It was because of the hatred I was having toward her, not because of the feelings I had once shared with her.

I loathed her so much that the thought that she was still in close proximity to me made my throat feel as though hundreds of iron chains were strangling it. My wrath flooded my surroundings to the point where I could feel it coursing through my veins and seeping into my bones, and every second that went by just served to highlight it more.

I could see every memory of that one day with Kiara and Christian as if it were a fucking movie.

I couldn't escape it or everything that I was feeling for my brother because of that, even if I tried to.

My own brother fooled me; everything was causing me to lose control of my sane half, including his betrayal, his false love, and his support for me when he also wanted Kiara.

I was the one who fought for Christian when Kiara said the wrong things about him and broke my relationship with her without thinking twice, and he fucked her behind my back.

After everything, I hated myself for believing that I had made the proper decision in calling it quits on Kiara because I would still destroy anyone who attempted to hurt my brothers.

"Fuck!" A weary grunt leaves my mouth, feeling overwhelmed with everything around me.

In all this insanity going on, I only had one hope.

Aurora.

I was okay with her leaving for her work, as that will only help both of us have a better start to our relationship if she closes my case as my therapist for good. Even if I was upset about her leaving, I still wanted to let her go so that we could be free from obligations that would block our path to staying together however we wanted. But when Kiara came back out of nowhere and into the picture again, I just couldn't let Aurora go away from me.

Aurora is the last thread of my sanity for me in this chaos, and I am selfish to hold onto it even if it has a chance of breaking, because I know that she would still be with me even if it breaks.

"Jade?"

My body and brain became numb upon hearing that voice.

Kiara.

"Jade? Are you in there?" She knocked on my door.

What the hell is she doing here?

The door creaks open, and she peaks her head inside. When her eyes fall on me, she smiles, and that only makes me disgusted.

How can a person be so shameless?

"Don't you dare." I warn her when she tries to open the door further and come inside.

Her movements halt. "I just want to talk to you once." She spoke.

"And I don't." I gritted. "Get the fuck out."

"Christian knows that I came to see you here." She informs.

My fists clenched so hard that I could feel my knuckles poking my skin. I glared at her, but she was not hesitating, even for a bit. She remained at the door.

"Fine." She sighed. "If you don't want me to come inside, I won't. But let me open the door, Jade. So that I can talk to you properly."

I took a deep breath to calm my nerves. She wasn't going to back away until and unless I listened to whatever she wanted to say, and to make her go away for good, I was ready to tolerate her for one last time if it meant she would get out as soon as possible.