42 | Aurora

I had no idea how quickly the following week had gone by. Since the day Jade placed our photo in the frame in his room, him and I have become closer. Eventually, he began to interact with Adrian and Christian at his firm and occasionally went to work with them. For the remainder of the time he was with me, we went on wonderful dates, had countless important conversations, occasionally got into arguments, and had a lot of sex. He would also occasionally make flirting remarks whenever he had the chance.

Seeing Jade being like he used to be before—as told by his brothers and Nick—made me feel happy for him. He was trying to make things work for him, mostly for us, and witnessing him do everything that he could made me even happier.

Well, technically, Jade still had a cold relationship with Christian. Whenever I tried to convincing him to behave normally around him or when Christian attempted to initiate conversations, he would simply ignore us. We all agreed that pushing Jade over his breaking point would only make him regress to his previous state, just as he was beginning to emerge from his hollow.

In an attempt to learn more about Christian's side of the story, I had also made an effort to speak with him throughout the preceding week. However, he would just gently decline, which piqued my interest in him even more.

Christian, Adrian, and Nick were all happy with the new development of my and Jade's relationship. They considered me a part of their family, whereas Nick always called me Little Sister after our conversation on my date night at the beach. He would always pass occasional glares to Jade whenever he caught us being too close. After we were all together, we would go out together for dinners and lunch, or have our meals together in the apartment.

It was all so peaceful.

Nevertheless, I have also had a hectic week. I was under constant stress every time I spoke with the authorities because the hospital kept reminding me that they required an update on Jade and his case. Although Rachel really helped me buy some time, I can't always burden her. I had to choose what to do.

I had been choosing to ignore the hospital's constant bugging in order to spend time with Jade, without considering the reality. But I understood, as he did, that we would have to deal with it eventually. Occasionally, he would attempt to start a discussion about this but would simply shift the subject. It was clear from his actions that he was buying us some time as well.

It cannot be pushed any further; it has to be now for good.

I have to make things work for me and Jade.

"What are you doing here?" Jade's voice reaches me, and I catch a glimpse of him through the mirror in my room as he stands at the door, yawning and wiping his eyes.

"Good morning to you too." I chirp. "I am just getting ready for the day."

"First of all, it's not how my morning starts." He approaches me, wraps his arms around my waist from behind, and presses his face against my neck. "Good morning, baby."

I giggle when he places teasing kisses on my neck and ear. "Stop trying to tease me; I have work."

"Mhm, but you smell so good." He inhales a long breath, pushing his face against my neck again. "I just can't let you go."

"Yeah, because I took a shower." I laugh when he whips me around and makes my body press against his upper-naked ones.

"Not fair. First you sneaked out of my bed in the early morning without waking me up, and then you took a shower without me as well." He places a soft kiss on my jaw. "I guess you are the one teasing me."

He had my lips entwined in a gentle yet intense kiss the next thing I knew. I encircled my arms over his shoulders and gave him a passionate kiss, but my mind kept wandering to what I was meant to do today.