46 | Aurora

"My name is Aurora Monroe, and I'd like to make charges against Liam Martell for an attempt to sexually assault and commit violence against me."

My face was bare and lit by the early morning sunlight peeking into my room. My hands were shaking as I held my iPad in front of me, facing the front camera, and everyone watching me recorded everything I said. My heart was pounding so hard that I could feel its beats drumming in my ears, and I was sweating. These were all things that no one would ever want to wake up to the next morning after experiencing an incredible orgasm.

I made an effort to remain composed and controlled, despite the whirlwind of emotions swirling inside my head, as I gave my statement to the police authorities against Liam over the video conference that Rachel had arranged for me yesterday.

"So you are saying that he tried to force himself on you and also portrayed violence when you tried to defend yourself?" An officer who was sitting among the other five asked.

"That's correct, ma'am." The lady officer nodded before noting down something in the file in front of her.

"Is it okay if you can give us more explanations about that day and tell us what exactly happened?" She asked again.

I gulped, remembering that terrifying day of my life.

"You are safe now, Miss. Monroe." The lady officer's voice was soft. "He's not here right now; you can tell us and trust us. That is why I was requested to take the statement from you and not the male officers. We assure you that we will punish the culprit."

I took a long breath out to try to calm down and provided all the information required in order for this case to proceed. The officer patiently listened to me and noted my answers in the file as the entire conversation was captured on screen. Every time I stopped and got myself together to speak again, she waited for me to go on.

"Can you tell us about your relationship with the Grogans?" The officer looked at me. "We discovered that you have been staying with them; the hospital let us know."

"Yes." I paused. "I was assigned as a therapist for Jade Grogan, the youngest of the three brothers. As for the confidentiality part, I cannot disclose anything further."

"We understand." The officer nodded again. "One last question. Are they also aware of your past?"

"Yes, they are." There was no point in lying, so I told them the truth.

"We appreciate your honesty, Miss Monroe; it would only help us investigate and conclude this case properly." The officer smiled.

"Thank you." I replied with a smile on my own face.

"Your statement has been recorded, both in writing and on paper." She looked at me again and continued. "This would be used for your investigation and would also be presented before the jury once the hearing is scheduled. Any information found to be tampered with or false from your side would be used against you and will have a punishable offence."

I nodded, listening to her carefully.

"Miss Aurora Monroe, do you give your consent to proceed with this information that has been recorded just now as an initial procedure to file the case against Mr. Liam Martell for an attempt to sexually assault and commit violence against you?" She asked. "You can also add something if you wish."

"I am ready to proceed with the case and charges against Liam." My voice was stern, despite my palms sweating. "That's all I had to say as of now."

"Alright." She closed the file. "But I would like to tell you something. This recording is still incomplete, as we need your signature on the investigation file; without that, the case would only be filed temporarily. I'd suggest that you come here as soon as possible, because the documents can only be signed once you are present here. We have already informed about this to your fellow mate, Dr. Rachel Wang when she requested for this video call."