9 | Aurora - Jade

✧.*  Aurora  ✧.*

"Mom, where are you? You were supposed to be here an hour ago." I called my mom, as now I was getting worried about her. She can never be late on an important day, and that was when I was finally getting my Ph.D degree.

"Baby, I am on my way. I am just stuck in traffic," she honked. "A tree fell on the road after last night's storm. That's why it's taking longer. I'll be there before the ceremony starts; I promise." She said, after which I got relieved that she was fine, and I hung up.

I arrived early at my university, as we were told to report in the morning to do some formalities related to the convocation, which was in the mid-afternoon. I came with my boyfriend, Liam.

Liam and I grew up together as best friends in Edmonton, where I lived with my family. He and I used to be neighbours first. When my dad passed away in a car accident when I was eight, he was always there for me and my mom, and after we both entered high school, we realized that we were more than friends.

I was happy with him. He is my safe place and has never failed to make me smile.

"Don't worry, babe, she'll be here soon." Liam pulled me out of my thoughts as he hugged me from behind and placed his chin on my shoulder while speaking before pecking my cheek.

"I am glad you are here." I replied and turned to look at him, snaking my arms around his neck while he held me closer by my waist. I smiled sweetly when he leaned in to kiss me softly on my lips.

"Always," he replied between the kiss and deepened it.

I woke up abruptly, panting and sweating badly, after my dream. It felt so real, like I was living in those days again. So real, like the presence of Liam was no dream at all.

Liam.

No. No, I can't think of him right now. I am at work, and he is the last thing I want to remember. I had no idea when I had slept while working; it was four in the morning when I last checked the clock, and after that, I had no idea about anything.

I grab the bottle of water from the nightstand and drink it all in one go. I have to calm myself down. I need to calm myself down.

You are fine. Everything is fine. Deep breaths.

Breathe in, breathe out.

Repeat.

I somehow gather myself after a few minutes and grab my phone to look at the time. It was only within two hours of my meeting with my clients. Adrian had already texted me last night when I was working about the time and place of our meeting. It was a cafe within walking distance of the hotel.

Deciding to push the thoughts of my past completely aside, I headed to the bathroom for a shower and to get ready for this meeting. I was here for work, and that's what I'm going to do.

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

✧.*  Jade  ✧.*

When I woke up in the morning and saw Christian and Adrian all dressed up in fancy clothes, I knew something was wrong.

And by something, I knew what was coming for me today. Another stupid therapist.

Well, I don't complain or give them satisfaction anymore. I knew my way out of it. What I didn't understand was why, after every time I shooed those idiots away, my brothers were still up for embarrassing themselves.

Not that I care.

It's actually good to meet another idiot. It would help me to take my mind off the women I met last night.

My little lamb.

I chuckled remembering her red face when I held her closer as we all made our way inside the cafe. The therapist that was arranged for me was about to meet us here, and I am all ready for it.

We sat on a table that had two sofa chairs placed on either side of a coffee table that was placed in between both of them. I sat with Adrian, and Christian sat on the opposite side. I took out my phone and scrolled. Just random scrolling to avoid this awkwardness.

We brothers came out together very rarely after what happened, and whenever we were together, things had to be awkward.

Now I wish I had at least asked for her name and number last time. I could have talked to her while avoiding my brothers. But I guess I wasn't that lucky.

"She's here." Adrian spoke after checking the text message he just received, and he mentioned a 'she'. Things are already going my way now.

I smirked as Adrian got up to invite her to our table.

"Don't try anything stupid, Jade." Adrian gave me a glare when he saw me smirking, saying, "I am warning you."

I rolled my eyes as he left. Christian gave me a look, and I saw him from the corner of my eyes. But as usual, I avoided him.

After a minute, I heard Adrian when he came inside talking to the therapist who was supposed to meet me. But that voice...

I can never forget that voice, not when I encountered her recently.

No way.

No fucking way.

Tell me I am dreaming; tell me this is a joke.

I jerked my head around in the direction of that voice to see if what I was thinking was true. It can't be true. It cannot be true.

You've got to be fucking kidding me!

When I saw her, I cursed under my breath, and by her expressions, I knew she did the same when her eyes met mine and both of our eyes were about to get out of our sockets.

"YOU!"

We both shouted at the same time, shock visible in our eyes.

And I guess that for the first time since we met, we both had the same thought in our minds.

And it said, "Kill me now!"

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧