18 | Jade

The night yesterday was very unpleasant for me, but the morning today seems to be much worse. When I came back home after meeting Aurora, my mind always wandered back to her. She was running inside my head like oxygen; I couldn't stop myself from thinking about her even for a moment.

I have been thinking about everything again and again from the very beginning, when we met that day, and how she called me a jerk out loud in front of everyone. Her ocean blue eyes, her soft lips that always reminded me of the velvet petals of a rose, and her smile that was so beautiful that if she could just smile and tell me to kill anybody in this world, I would gladly do it without a second thought, even myself. Her voice that made my heart thump again, which was dead long ago, the way she always melted under my touch, and the way I craved for her to hold me every time-all these thoughts were running through my head and, moreover, in my heart. Even though she is not here with me now, she is still tormenting me for her to be with me.

Roaming around in the house all night long, I tried my best to get distracted from her. I even tried calling somebody to spend the night with, but every time I thought about it, she came in front of my eyes with that contagious smile of hers, stopping me from doing anything except thinking about her again. And now, sitting in the living room, I am thinking about the moment that we shared the other day when I got to hold her in my arms.

"Because you are special, Aurora. You are special for me."

"I can't hate you."

It was 8:00 in the morning when the doorbell rang, and I got startled a bit by that as it pulled me out of my thoughts. I wondered who it could be at this time but didn't get up to open the door. I wasn't wearing a shirt, only trousers. But my main reason was that I didn't want to get up. There were other people in the house also, and the doorbell rang again.

"Jade? Please get to the door." Christian yelled, and I rolled my eyes.

I groaned and made my way to the door. I don't care that I was practically half naked; I didn't tell someone to come to my house this early in the morning. But when I opened the door and saw the person standing outside, I instantly regretted my decision.

"Good morni-" Aurora stopped speaking as she saw me, and her eyes travelled to my naked torso. Her lips parted, and slowly she realized the situation as her eyes became wide from shock and she abruptly turned her back to me.

I frowned, unable to make out why she was here when she clearly told me yesterday that she wasn't coming back.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, and she glanced over her shoulder towards me.

"I am here to meet your brothers." She mumbled slowly.

I gently grabbed her wrist and turned her around while pulling her towards me, and she kept looking at her feet. Putting my index finger under her chin, I pulled her face upward with my finger.

"Eyes on me while I am talking to you."

She slowly glanced up at me with hooded lids, and her eyes kept fluttering. I held her gaze with mine. She was making me so weak at this point. After thinking about her the whole night and telling my heart again and again that she wouldn't come back, I cannot stop myself from holding her and keeping her forever here with me now that she is finally here.

"Now," I roamed my eyes on her face. "Tell me why you are here."

"I told you I was here to meet your brothers." Her voice was hoarse, almost a whisper.

I leaned in toward her. "But you said you weren't coming back."

"I never really said anything about that." She replied.