26 | Jade

Christian and Adrian just came back home again, and Nick already started to embarrass me with my stupid 'adorable' childhood once again in front of Aurora. It was late evening, and my brothers decided to show up early because he was here, but it all came out to be worse for me.

Of course, I was happy to have Nick back with me after so long. He had always visited us in the past as well, but mostly when any of our birthdays were coming along.

Speaking of birthdays.

My mind clicked when I remembered what month it was going on.

October.

Christian's birthday in a day.

Of course, he would be here.

I groaned silently, cursing myself for forgetting about it. He always came for big occasions in our lives; how could I even not remember it? Not that I care.

"So? What are we doing the day after tomorrow?" Nick asked, eyeing all of us and expecting an answer.

"What is it the day after tomorrow?" Aurora asked back, looking at him and then glancing at me as I was sitting beside her on the couch.

"They didn't tell you?" Nick tilted his head. "Don't tell me they didn't invite you as well."

"She doesn't know." Christian replied. "Of course, she would be invited if we had told her."

"It's his birthday." I nudged my chin towards Christian, and Aurora looked at me with shock.

"Don't worry, we don't plan on doing anything big. Just us brothers with you and Nick, and some of our office colleagues," Adrian spoke. "We were about to tell you this tomorrow morning. Please join us, Aurora." He added.

"I can't." She blurted.

"Why?" Nick asked, and everyone, including me, had the same expression on our faces as we remained confused.

She looked at all of us before a sigh left her lips. "I just don't have appropriate clothes for that."

"Clothes?" Christian arched a brow.

"I know that it's absurd." She glanced at me. "But I can't really go to a party with the clothes I brought with me here. They are all casuals or formals; no party wears."

There was a moment of pin-drop silence for a complete minute before we all burst into laughter.

Her cheeks became a slight shade of pink as she smiled nervously before looking down at her feet and playing with her fingers. I stopped laughing as soon as I saw her, but my heart still fluttered looking at her cute expressions.

"Stop laughing." I spoke, and the laughter died within a few seconds.

"You want new clothes?" I murmured, slightly bowing my head toward her. She slowly lifted her eyes and looked at me, about to say something, before I spoke again. "Let's go get you new clothes right now."

"You should go." Adrian hummed. "We can make some further arrangements for the party until then."

I nudged my head again, signaling for us to leave. She greeted everyone before leaving with me. Taking my car keys from the key holder, I opened the door for her and stepped out after her before shutting it back.

While driving off to our location, which was one of the shopping complexes owned by our company, I smiled. I could see Aurora looking at me from the corner of her eyes, and a smirk started to appear on my lips. But before I could tease her again, she spoke first.

"Does it still hurt?" I looked at her and saw her looking at my arm. The same arm where she left a cut from the knife that I gave her the other day.

"Glad you remembered it." I teased. "Don't worry, it was just a scratch." It was true; it really didn't hurt that much.