27 | Jade

[𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚂 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙲𝙾𝙽𝚃𝙰𝙸𝙽𝚂 𝙼𝙰𝚃𝚄𝚁𝙴 𝙲𝙾𝙽𝚃𝙴𝙽𝚃]

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

One day.

One day since Nick arrived to stay with us for Christian's birthday party.

One day since I went to buy a dress for Aurora with her for the birthday party.

One day since we were able to bond with each other more closely.

And one day since I saw that scar on her body and how hurt and feared she was.

The memory of that very day is printed in my mind, edged so deeply that even if I forget about my own existence, that one memory will always be inside of me so vividly. She didn't utter a single word after I saw that mark on her bare skin. Even when I tried to ask her many times and tried to make her feel trusted in me, she wouldn't say anything and would just simply ignore it. But I cannot ignore the storm her eyes held when she realized that, now that I know, this may be the most painful part of her life. I cannot ignore the hurt that radiated from her body, as if the pain from that scar still torments her life every fucking time, and she tried to forget about it.

I cannot ignore the way my soul just wanted to make her feel protected with me and to hunt that person down, ripping him or her into shreds with my bare hands and making them feel the pain she was feeling all the time.

She is battling with herself, showing the mask of being strong amongst others, with a fear that if she ever laid her guard down again, the people would hurt her once more.

But no one can touch the tip of her fingernail with any wrong intention when I am here. I have never killed anyone in my life, but I won't hesitate to have blood on my hands if it makes her feel safe.

"Someone's looking sexy."

Fixing the collar of my buttoned-up shirt, I glance at the door of my bedroom, where stands my best friend in all his annoying glory and a teasing smirk present on his face.

I roll my eyes. "Sometimes I doubt your gender, Nick."

"Yes, you do." He makes his way into my room. "But you and I both know that you are, and always will be, my first love."

I mentally gag.

"Get out before I kick your ass."

He scoffs. "Come on, J. I was being nice. And look at you," he trails his eyes on me in the mirror as I fix my hair. "It's Christian's birthday, but you are definitely going to steal the limelight."

"I am not here to steal anything." I mumble and turn around to face him. "Don't you have someone else to nag?"

"Nope. It's only you, and that's my favourite hobby." He grins. "Besides, if you suggest, I can go to the room next to yours—ow!" Before he could complete, I landed a punch in his abdomen—not too harsh, but that would definitely keep him shut.

"Chill man!" He clutches his stomach while his face scrunches in pain. "I am just here to tell you that we are leaving together. You can come with your dear therapist."

The mention of her name again brings me back to my thoughts of that day. I stiffened, the picture of that scar flashing before my eyes, and all I could think of was about that hurt in her eyes.

"Is everything okay?" Nick senses my tensed form as he asks with a serious tone.

"Yeah." I clear my throat. "But why are you leaving with my brothers? You can come with me and Aurora."