54 | Aurora

When I had stopped crying and made the decision to go back home, the night descended with a rainstorm. With the freezing breeze blowing through the air, the temperature had grown quite cold, and the rain was falling more heavily as thunder roared overhead. The chilly weather was seeping into my car, and even with the heater running and me sitting in it as I drove it out of the hospital's parking underground, I could still feel it.

Rachel was still in the hospital as she had her shift for some more time. As soon as she saw that it was raining, she told me to head back home before the weather got worse.

I hope Jade's staying somewhere safe and comfortable.

As I watched the rain heavily pouring down onto the windshield glass of my car and the sounds of thunder reverberated, my mind went back to him.

Coming out of the parking lot, I stopped the car in front of the hospital's main entrance, deciding to call Jade and ask if he was staying comfortably or not.

Before I pressed the dial button, my eyes glanced to my side window, and I saw Jade standing under the entrance roof, looking at his phone.

My brows furrowed. What was he still doing here?

I didn't see him earlier because I came down with a lift that accessed from my floor straight to the parking area.

Looking at him, I dialled his contact, and he picked up in a single ring.

"Hi, baby."

Butterflies danced inside my chest and stomach, as if it were the first time I heard his smooth voice calling me nicknames over the phone.

I cleared my throat. "Why didn't you leave yet?"

"You can see me?" His face roamed in the direction around him, and I could see everything that he was doing, although the rain poured on my side window and blurred his image. "Where are you? I can't find you anywhere."

An unexpected smile appeared on my face. "Look in your front, outside the building. I am in a blue coloured car."

His face immediately moved in the direction I described. "Wait. I'll be there."

My mouth opened to stop him from approaching me because I knew that the rain would soak him up, but he hung up the phone before I could say anything.

I saw his body coming closer to my car. When he reached, he slowly tapped the window, and I immediately rolled it down.

"Get in the car; you are getting soaked." I unlocked the car, and he nodded.

As he made his way to the passenger seat, I saw him smiling like a kid.

Jade Grogan does look cute sometimes.

He opened the door and seated himself in the car. "Thank you." He smiled and looked at me.

"What are you even doing here, Jade?" I asked.

"I was waiting for you."

My heart raced as my lips slightly parted.

"I mean," He cleared his throat. "I thought I should see you off before going back to the hotel."

"Oh." I looked away while I felt my face getting hot. "But you should have left the moment you saw it start raining."

"It's okay." His soft voice made my gaze travel to him again. "Now I think it was worth waiting."

The implication of his words hung heavy in the air.

He smiled again. "Go ahead; I'll just book a cab."

I looked away and outside the car. "It's raining heavily; I don't think any cabs would be available right now." Looking back at him, I saw just how drenched he was, and he was shivering visibly due to the cold. It was only a matter of time if he didn't get dry clothes sooner and warmed himself up before getting sick.