15 | Aurora

Day two of my trial therapy session with Jade Grogan.

After I messed up and failed miserably, I couldn't stop thinking about all the events that took place when I went back to the hotel yesterday, and I wasn't able to sleep properly. I felt so upset with myself for ruining my first day of therapy trial with Jade, and mostly for upsetting him by triggering him even after having an idea that something was definitely wrong between him and Christian. I shouldn't have been this direct yesterday.

And yet again, I was here today, standing in the same apartment as I was yesterday with both Adrian and Christian. Melanie was also there, doing her usual cleaning work. According to Adrian, Melanie leaves after me and arrives before my arrival. And for the time she spends in the house, she does her work of cleaning and cooking. Before her, they used to eat takeout for dinner. But now that she is here, even because of me, they let her cook.

On the other hand, Jade was still missing from the scene while the other two brothers talked to me about yesterday. They were asking normal questions, like how everything went. It seemed that they had no idea what happened, and Jade also never told them. He could have said anything about me making him uncomfortable, but he did not.

"Melanie said that Jade yelled at you to leave," Christian asked, and his eyes remained soft. "Did something happen?"

"It happens in therapy sessions sometimes." I replied while glancing towards Melanie and giving Christian a nervous smile. "Clients often get uncomfortable. I am sorry if that bothered you."

"No, please; you don't have to be sorry." Adrian said. "We were just concerned that it must have startled you or something."

"It's fine, trust me." I said and took note that Melanie can't be trusted at all. I mean, why was she gossiping about our conversation? So I decided to talk it out.

"Can I talk to you both in private?" I asked the two brothers in front of me. They looked confused by my sudden request. But later, Adrian led all of us to another room. After coming inside, I shut the door.

"I am sorry if this came out in the wrong way." I looked at them, and they matched their expressions, which held confusion. "But I couldn't talk around Melanie."

"It's okay, Miss. Monroe. You can tell us anything." Christian said, and I sighed.

"Thankyou." I took a moment before continuing, "I really appreciate your act of bringing Melanie for my safety and comfort, and I am sure she didn't have any other intensions, but whatever happens between me and Mr. Grogan, it needs to be between us only until and unless I am the one to tell you if anything is wrong. It's a part of the client-therapist alliance; I hope you understand what I mean."

They both looked at me and nodded at my words. They have had previous therapists here. There is no chance they don't know the rules.

"We understand." Christian smiled. "I am sorry for that. I'll make sure this doesn't happen again. If you need me to tell Melanie to stop coming anymore, I'd do that as well."

"It's okay. She can be here as long as she doesn't interfere with my work. Just make sure that if anything happens again and she comes back telling, you have to stop her from doing that, and I will make sure that we can have the sessions in a study or a separate room, if there's any," I said, to which both brothers agreed. They also told me that I could use Christian's work room, where he often works from home.

"You can ask Melanie to call Jade if he doesn't come." Adrian told me, and they both left for work.

But I knew for a fact that If I sent Melanie, Jade would again react negatively. I knew he was still mad, or maybe I was overthinking. But I couldn't take any chances. So I decided to go upstairs and find him on my own.