~the group chat~

I usually try not to add myself to group chats or get particularly involved in them but I had to be apart of the cast group chat.

I didn't really know what to put as there names so I kept them the same.

The entire time, Walker kept changing the group chat name. It went from One eye open cast to both eyes open 👁️🫦👁️to finally settling on eight eyes open👀👀🔪

Everyone was discussing icebreaker questions.

————————————-/
eight eyes open👀👀🔪

Luis- favorite show/movie?

Walker- def Deadpool

Javon- idkkk maybe marvel movies

Inez- I like New Girl and She's the Man

Walker- oooh we should all watch our favorite movies/ shows together!!

Javon- yesss

Luis- biggest fear?

Javon- Those bugs with a shit ton of legs and they just crawl everywhere

Inez- centipedes?

Javon- Those scare me man

Walker- Yeah same they just crawl everywhere-onetime when we were six Leena found one in our hotel bed and she threw it at me. #foreverscarred

Inez- ngl I think they're kinda cute, they wiggle

Walker- literally how 🧍

Inez- I hate mold.

Walker- YOUR NOT SCARED OF CENTIPEDES BUT YOUR SCARED OF MOLD?!

Luis- what's wrong with mold?

Inez- it just grows and keeps growing and sometimes it turns this disgusting shade of green and it ruins food it just 🤢

Luis- we should name everyone in our contacts after their greatest fear

Centipede- good idea

Walker- I have a bigger fear

Mold- what is it?

Walker- bed bugs- you can barely see them yet they attack you at night and they are so hard to get rid of.

Luis-Ok that's fair

Luis- I hate big heights.

Bed bugs- yours is probably the most normal fear out of all of us

Mold-yeah I agree

Centipede- yeah
——————————————

I just have to keep an open mind about things. I mean I don't exactly know Walker and he definitely doesn't know me...but I still have resentment that it should've been me.

On to the next dilemma: How should I tell my friends I'm leaving for about three months. I could exactly tell them what movie but it was something important.

I sigh and click on our group chat, tapping the FaceTime button.

One of the things I love most about our friend group is that everyone picks up right away. The worst feeling is when something big happens and you can't call your friends.

"Hey!" Anya says with a big smile on her face.

"hi" Lucy says while yawning.

"Hey Inez what's up?" Maya says.

I prepare myself before speaking, thinking of all possible ways to tell them what happened.

"Well...I got an acting job and-"

"-AYYY LETS GOOO" Maya cheers, completely cutting me off.

"Alexa play party music!" Anya shouts while turning her LED lights on.

"It is way to late for this shit" Lucy mumbles into her pillow.

I wait for them to stop freaking out.

"Guys calm down. Look... I can't exactly tell you the movie or who I'm working with but it's a horror"

I swear I see Anya faint. She absolutely loves horror or thriller movies.

"how long are you gonna be gone?" Lucy asks, rubbing her eyes to keep her awake.

"uhh about three months or so"

The LED lights turn off.

"OMG IM GONNA MISS YOU SO MUCH" Maya yells. Blowing kisses through the screen.

"Hey are your coworkers at least cute?" Lucy cuts in. Other than being sleep deprived she was a hopeless romantic who always is thinking that today will be the day for her meet-cute. She always makes sure to ask if people like olives before really getting to know them.

"Uh I don't really know" I avert my eyes.

I mean, Javon was decent, he wasn't as bad as the other kids our age but he wasn't really my type. Walker was... not bad. He did have good hair. Luis was pretty but he was like what? 20?

"Where are you going to film?" Maya asks.

"Mostly in California" I reply.

"Look I've got to go pack, but I'll call a lot k?"

"WE WILL MISS YOU" Anya shouted.

"Bye" I say as I blow a kiss.

I'm gonna miss them so much.