~wildflowers~

IT WAS THE FIRST DAY OF FILMING. Inez was freaking out, like who wouldn't be. Even Walker was a little bit nervous. They had sorted out hair, makeup, and costumes a few days prior, so when Walker and Inez got up, all they had to do was go to the makeup trailer.

Both had woken up late so they hurriedly grabbed a breakfast sandwich from the minifridges supplied in the hotel room, and ran. When they reached the trailer out of breath, their makeup artists gave a little chuckle before introducing themselves.

"Hey, i'm Maya i'll be your makeup artist for the rest of the film!" The one closest to me introduced. She had pink hair cut into a mullet with spiked black eyeliner following her waterline. Her outfit was all black, which Inez assumed was the uniform due to how the makeup artist next to Walker had the same thing on.

"And I am Gracie," The girl near Walker said. Gracie and Maya had nearly opposite aesthetics. Gracie had light pink eyeshadow dusting her crease and glowy skin that Inez guessed was highlighter. Her lips were glossy and her black curls were slicked back into a tight bun.

"Here, why don't you guys have a seat while I grab the products we need?" Gracie said and went to the drawers settled in the black of the trailer. Maya quickly followed, giving me and Walker an inviting smile.

The trailer was simple and neat. Five vanity's lined the wall to the right of the entrance and a few scattered products lay on their desk tops. Towards the back of the trailer were dark brown drawers stacked to the ceiling filled with what Inez assumed were cosmetics.

Walker and I nodded and chose the vanity's closer to the door, next to each other. Javon and Lucy walked into the trailer, relaxing their shoulders when they got in.

"This trailer was far too hard to find." Javon complained.

"That's because you weren't reading the giant signs on the trailer idiot" Lucy scoffed.

A second later Luis strolled in, balancing multiple starbucks cups in hand. "Alright ladies and gentlemen we have refreshments. I didn't know your orders but I remember Inez mentioned she liked iced chai lattes."

He handed over the drink to her and she took a sip before placing it down on the vanity desk. Luis placed a refresher in front of Walker, Lucy, and Javon which they gratefully drank. Luis greeted Gracie and Maya and sat down on the chair near the vanity farthest from the door.

As Gracie and Maya got to work, more people came in. One guy named Milo and another girl named Charlie. They introduced themselves and explained the hairstyles they would be doing. We all had very light makeup, considering we were just starting filming and there weren't any bloody scenes yet.

Maya, having studied her character intricately, knew precisely how to enhance Inez's features to bring out the essence of her character, Olivia. The makeup became a form of artistic expression, a bridge between her and Olivia. Once the makeup was complete, it was time for the hairstylist, Milo, to do his work. Milo carefully crafted Olivia's signature hairstyle, which was two loose dutch braids. Olivia's character was supposed to be more free-spirited, so they discussed adding flowers in her hair.

Walker heard them talking and piped up, saying, "Oh you so should, I saw some outside near set, we can pick them out later if you want"

He looked at her, almost hopefully. She smiled and nodded and looked up at Milo to check if it was okay.

"That sounds great," Milo said, pulling the sides of her braids, loosening them up.
"You should go now, before everyone gets to set and it's crowded."

Walker quickly hopped up from his chair, offering her a hand. Charlie had put curling cream in his hair, so it wasn't as crazy as usual. They walked out of the trailer, heading in the direction of the hill nearby.

It was a nice day. The sky was a clear blue and a light breeze ruffled the curls in Walker's hair. Her costume was an oversized jumper with a big blue t-shirt underneath, which was perfect for this weather.

They climbed the hill together, where at the top there were multiple varieties of wildflowers. Pinks, purples, and yellows surrounded her vision as the flowers were everywhere.

Walker plopped down on the grass, smushing flowers beneath his butt. He carefully started picking flowers for her, picking from the bottom of the stem so it would be easier to weave in.

She sat down next to him and picked a few for herself. Walker got something in his eye an started blinking rapidly, trying to get it out.

"What happened?"she chuckled. He was doing everything he could to get the speck of dust out. He started rubbing his eyes and shaking his head frantically.

"Maybe that eye cancer is hitting sooner than expected." He joked. Whatever was in his eye was now out and he started tucking flowers into her braids.

She let out a chuckle and tucked one of the flowers she had picked into her jumper and put another one behind Walkers ear.

"Look it's blue, like your eyes." She pointed out.

He nodded with a smile on his face and stood up, offering his hand for her once again that day.

She took his hand and walked back to the trailer.

None of them noticed the dumb smiles both of them had on their face.