~swingset~

A/n this one is more of a filler chapter and it's pretty rushed cause I was trying to get it out on time but get ready for the next chapter...

LOUIS'S JEEP ROLLED into the playground parking lot, and everyone climbed out of the car.

The playground was deserted, which was probably good because everyone was really loud and they would have pissed off the parents. At least, Javon would.

Speaking of Javon, for someone who was huffing and puffing about having to go to the playground, he sure seemed ready to go on the slides.

Javon climbed up the mini rock wall and slid down the bright blue slide, beating everyone else to it.

The equipment on the playground was all colored bright blue or bright green, and the ground was covered with mulch. There was everything you could possibly imagine, and when Inez turned to Walker to see if he wanted to go on the swing set together, he had already sped off toward the tire swing.

"Inez! Spin me!" He called out, waving her over.

She jogged over to him and swung the tire swing. Inez didn't like being dizzy, or the rush of going in circles, but of course, Walker loved it.

He suddenly stopped the swing and got out, stumbling all around like he was drunk. He suddenly couldn't walk anymore and collapsed on Inez.

"Walker get your lazy ass off of me" she muttered through the fabric. Her back was pressed against the mulch and Walkers body completely covered her from sunlight.

"Let me get undizzy"

"That's not a word."

He finally got up and Inez had a chance to breathe.

Oh my god Walker was on top of me.

Inez looked over to see Lucy and Louis in a race to see who could run up the slide the fastest. Both were slipping but Louis just did one big step up the slide and cackled at Lucy.

Javon was attempting the monkey bars but he kept on slipping right off.

She looked back to Walker, who was laid down next to her, panting.

"Wanna go on the swings?" He asked excitedly, his energy bouncing back.

She nodded her head and he grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the swing.

"We should have a competition on who can go the highest!" He shouted, like she couldn't hear him even though she was right next to him.

"Sure" she said, sitting down on one swing. The swings were rusty, and sounded like they were about to fall off, but she didn't want to seem scared.

Inez noticed that whenever she was with the cast, time seemed to move faster, and it was about 5:00 pm now.

"Hey Walker, look, the sunset!" She whispered to him. He stopped madly swinging around and smiled at the sky.

Orange and pinks filled the sky tonight, with touches of blue, and the clouds created endless shapes in all sizes. Walker pulled out his phone and took a photo of the sky, just like he did every night.

Seeing Walker under the colorful sky with a dumb smile on his face made Inez have to focus on her breathing.

"Ready to have our swinging competition?" Walker said, snapping her out of her thoughts.

She nodded confidently and started stretching for exaggeration.

They swung for a while, seeing who could go the highest, (which it ended up as a tie) and giggling uncontrollably.

Walker tried standing and swinging and then jumping off and landing like a superhero.

"What are you Spider-Man?" She asked as she tried standing on her swing.

"Um I'm actually Batman" he said, lowering his voice.

"Oh really?"

"Have you ever seen us in the same room at the same time?"

She laughed and fully stood up, but her foot slipped and she fell into the wood chips.

That was embarrassing I wanna kill myself.

Walker came rushing over to her side, and somehow had a bandaid in his pocket for the tiny cut she got on her knee.

She laid back on her elbows and let him take care of her small wound. He smoothed out the dark red bandaid and helped her up when he was done.

"You okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine Walker, I fell from like, 60 centimeters"

He looked confused and had a puzzled expression.

"2 feet"

"Ohh"

"How did you have a bandaid on you? What-dumb luck?" She questioned, turning towards him as they walked back to the slides.

"You are extremely clumsy Inez." He said bluntly.

The wind was blowing stronger and she looked towards Walker with big eyes.

"You're the one who chose to wear the hole sweater." He said, crossing his arms.

"I bet ice cream boy would give me his sweater." She said, acting like she was mad.

What she didn't expect was for Walker to immediately start taking off his sweatshirt. Tugged at the bottom hem and lifted the fabric over his head and handed it to her.

"Walker I was joking, I don't want you to freeze."

"Take it." Was all he said back. He started walking back to the jeep to join Lucy, who surprisingly was the one to leave first. It honestly seemed like they might have to rip Javon away from the slides.

She jogged to keep up with Walker and sat down in the car seat next to him.

She saw Lucy point to her shirt and give Walker a thumbs up in her peripheral vision but decided to make no comment.