~akward silence~

A/n so this chapter does include them both being frustrating ( excpecially inez but it's for the plot)

LUCAS LET OUT A BIG SIGH. "Inez you obviously like him."

Inez learned that the boy from the ice cream store's name was Lucas 30 minutes ago, when they sat down and talked. They were in a cute cafe with hanging plants covering the walls and ceilings, with adorable menu's and tables.

Usually, Inez would have taken photos and admire the store, but she couldn't stop thinking about what had happened earlier that day.

Lucas had confronted her and asked if the blonde boy was her boyfriend as soon as she sat down, making sure she wasn't cheating or anything.

She didn't want to talk about Walker the whole (date?) but Lucas seemed to know that she wanted more to happen between her and Walker.

He was incredibly sweet and wanted to help Inez fix things with him. She explained the things that happened and when she wanted to stop, in case she annoyed him, he would nod her on to keep talking.

"I-I mean I guess but what's the point of following that fantasy when you know it's not gonna end well?"she said, tapping the edge of of the table rhythmaticly.

He gave her a look. "Inez, I have seen this a hundred times before in movies and books. Miscommunication."

She looked down at her nails.

"Inez you need to let him explain." Lucas said confidently. "I'm sure there is a good explanation, I mean, by the stink eye he gave me while leaving the shop yesterday to the stories you've told me, he's in love with you."

She sighed. "But what if I'm reading to much into this and he doesn't like me like that and I ruin our friendship?"

"For gods sake Inez you guys look at the sunset everyday!" Lucas exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air. "Look, I know you don't want to give up your friendship and what you have, but I mean, just go for it, worst comes to worst you become my friend instead."

"Being your friend wouldn't be bad Lucas" she replied.

"Well I'm not waking up at 5:00 am to see the sunset with you"

•••

INEZ WAS BACK AT THE HOTEL. She hadn't really planned this far out. Would she walk into his room and ask? Would she sit and wait for him to ask? Alright she would wait for him.

She sat in her room for about an hour, texting her friends, filling them in on the story.

A knock came on her connecting door and she leaped up, startled by the sudden sound and excitement.

She called out "come in" and Walkers head peeked out from around the corner.

"How was your date." He asked moodily, crossing his arms. He dared ask her about her date when they should be talking about his date.

"Really good" she said pridefully.

Awkward silence was unknown for Walker and Inez, yet today, the unwelcome visitor seemed to hang around there conversation. It never felt like this between them, and maybe it was the turn of events that caused this awkwardness.

Conversation used to naturally flow between the two teens, but now, they were thinking about what to share with each other, and carefully planning the words that left their mouth.

"What'd you talk about?" He asked.

You.

"I don't really know but he was really funny"

She knew it was incredibly stupid, and the exact opposite of what Lucas told her to do, but she did it anyway. She was still angry at him for the stupidest reasons, that weren't even valid, and that made her more angry at herself than Walker.

"He's your boyfriend?"

"No"

She felt like she was holding her breath. The carefulness, the tiptoeing around conversation was new to them, and Inez hoped that it didn't stay.

"Look why did you leave, you didn't even give me a chance to explain?" He said.

She sat up straighter. "Well I'm sorry, I didn't want to interrupt you and the girl you were with, you seemed to be having a real good time."

He sighed, running his hands through his hair. "Look why can't you just understand—"

"I'm trying to understand! But it's not like you need an excuse to hang out with her, we're not dating!" She yelled out.

"Fine! If you don't want me to explain, I won't!" He yelled back, stomping obnoxiously over to the connecting door before slamming the door shut between them.

Inez cried herself to sleep that night, and in the daytime, her and Walker acted like they were fine with what was happening. The cast knew something happened, and they tried to bribe them both to tell them, but both teens stubbornly kept their mouths shut.

They got in petty fights over donuts and drink orders, and made passive aggressive comments when the other was around, but when the doors were closed and no one else was looking, they would break down and regret everything they had said that day.