~Beach~

A/n I know I said fall was coming but let's pretend global warming suddenly struck and for today it's hot😜

THE CAR RIDE TO the beach consisted of a mix of Justin Bieber, Tame impala, Taylor Swift, and the teen beach movie soundtrack.

The weather was perfect, clear skies and an abnormally hot day that was just enough to want to cool off in the ocean. The cast climbed out of Louis's jeep, and ran off to the shore.

It was low tide, and the waves were calm as they crashed. All different types of shells covered the sand, and they were all different colors. Lucy had brought over a little bucket to collect the shells in and had already started putting them in.

Louis set up the umbrella and Javon and Walker set up the chairs. Inez laid towels down in the sun so that when they got out of the water, they would be nice and warm.

Inez was starting to get more hot as she helped set things up. She pulled off her cover up and tied her hair up, away from her face.

She saw Walker, Louis, and Javon take their shirts off as well. A light breeze blew through and ruffled Walkers hair. Inez smiled to herself, unknowingly.

Walker perked up, "Hey Inez wanna take a walk on the beach?"

"Mhmm" she said. "I just need to get my back with sunscreen can you help?"

"Of course" he said as he rushed over. He grabbed the tube from her hands and squirted a lot of sunscreen. Like, a lot.

"Oops"

She laughed, "oh well more for you"

He nudged some extra hair that fell from her bun to the side and gently started rubbing the sunscreen in. After a few minutes, he rubbed everything in.

She turned around and looked at him. He didn't seem to know what to do with the extra sunscreen.

She huffed and grabbed the extra sunscreen on his hands and started spreading it in his face.

"Wow I'm getting some serious déjà vu right now" Walker said as she kept on massaging the sunscreen in.

Once she was done he lead her down to the shore, just enough where they could put there feet in the water.

The usual silence filled the air, this time with seagulls squawking and waves crashing in the background.

They didn't need constant chatter to be together, having each others presence was enough.

He put his arm around her for the second time that day, and for what felt like the millionth time that day, Inez got butterfly's because of Walker.

The silence let random thoughts in, and the peacefulness was just what Inez needed after all of the interview prep.

She let out a sigh. "I can't wait till I can drive"

Her mind wandered to all the places she would go once she could drive.

"I'll be able to drive before you" Walker noted. He was only a few months older than Inez.

She suddenly gasped at a thought. "We should just randomly drive away one day! Y'know like go to Maine or something then have adventures and come back"

He nodded, "I'll take you there, but I get to make the playlist to Maine"

She grinned up at him. "Deal"

The waves crashed harder, and as they walked back to the group, she got hotter. They walked up to the umbrella just in time to hear Javon. "Finally! We thought you'd never come back now let's go in the water!"

Inez rolled her eyes and started walking towards the water. Lucy had finished collecting her shells and she placed down her full bucket and ran to the ocean.

After all of Javon's talking about how they should go in the water, he was last to jump in, sticking his toe in and out, and hissing when we the water got higher up his body.

Inez ignored him and jumped in a wave, welcoming the coolness of the water. The first minute was a bit of a shock, but after swimming around a little more the water seemed to numb her body so she couldn't feel the cold.

Walker was still afraid to put his hair underwater. "C'mon go under, it's nice"

He stayed right above the surface of the water, refusing to put his head under.

She let out a sigh. Obviously seeing that he wasn't going under any time soon, Inez shoved his head in. It really only got the tips of his curls but he whined like she had fully shoved him under the wave.

She fake splashed at him again and he finally submerged his full body.

Only problem was that Inez couldn't see him. She knew Walker and she was scared he was gonna try and drag her down into the water.

"Don't you dare" she called out. Javon was a few feel away from her, oblivious to what was happening. Lucy and Louis were attempting to body surf a wave.

Something-presumably Walker-grabbed her ankles and she shrieked.

Javon came over to where Inez and Walker were as their heads popped out of the water.

"Oh no man I've heard of these, I'm forgetting the name but their deadly. Man don't let them get you, their survival rate is 0."

Walker laughed at the expression on Inez's face as he shook out his hair.

"You look like a dog when they get out of water" she joked.

He then shook out his hair more, and droplets of water sprayed Inez.

Walker turned and faced Javon, "Where did you even hear of that man?"

Javon dunked his head underwater before responding, "Some Australian guy on TikTok, Inez would know"

"Why would I know?" She asked, putting her hands on her hips.

"You're Australian, duh" he said, like it was the most obvious thing ever.

•••

After what felt like hours of swimming at the beach with the group, they finally started packing up.

They were dripping water in Louis's jeep, but he didn't seem to mind. Walker was trying to scrunch his hair so it dried curled and was struggling.

Lucy was giving me and Javon her "shell haul" on the way to the ice cream store.

"And look! I got this pretty purple one too!"

"And this one I found at the end of the beach, it shimmers slightly when you move it"

"This one I got near the lifeguard stand..."