~scared~

A/n thank you so much for 30k like that's actually crazy I love you guys🫶🏼🫶🏼

•••Walker•••

WALKER HAD A PLAN. He was going to confess to Inez. He had to make it super special to show that he cared and he spent the last week brainstorming.

He knew she was still trying to figure out how to braid her hair, and he came up with a great idea.

He was in his hotel room with Leena, explaining his master plan.

"So I need to figure out how to braid her hair, because then when she's happy that I can do it for her, she'll be in a really good mood and I can confess and ask if I can be her boyfriend!" I exclaim.

Leena gave him a blank stare. "Walker. You suck at braiding hair"

"Y'know as your favorite brother I feel like I need a little more enthusiasm." I say, shaking my head at her.

"Walker, you suck at braiding hair!" She said obnoxiously, with a fake smile on her face.

I really wanted this to be perfect. I know she was unsure of the kinda fake dating but not really fake dating thing, so maybe we wouldn't have to fake it.

If she says yes, of course.

"Leena, please teach me how to braid Inez's hair" I say, grabbing her hands. She immediately pulls her hands away and places them on her hips.

"Fine. But I don't want you braiding my hair, you'll rip it all out, I'll ask my friend if she can help."

•••40 minutes later•••

I was sitting on my bed excitedly, ready to learn. Leena had brought in her friend named Alissa, and she was trying to show me what to do on her hair.

"So since it's a Dutch braid you are going to scoop her hair under the other piece." Leena said, demonstrating on her friend.

I nodded and tried to recreate what she had just done. I was slowly getting the hang of it.

Slowly.

I had technically got it, but it was way to loose, and strands of Alyssa's hair were falling out of the braid.

After the tenth try, Alyssa started making conversation.

"So, I hear this is all for a girl, she someone special?" Alyssa said.

I shrugged. "Well yeah, I mean, Inez is always special. She just has this vibe that draws people to her, you just can't help but stare or laugh when she laughs. It's like, mesmerizing, you know, she's mesmerizing."

"Save it for your confession Walker" Leena said from beside him. "and pull her hair tighter it's still too loose"

My mind wandered back to Inez, like it usually did. "She is deathly afraid of mold, and she shrieks whenever she see's even a tiny little lump" I chuckle.

I was finally getting the hang of braiding, and Alyssa's hair was starting to look less like ass and more like how Inez wanted it.

I laughed at a memory as I pulled strands of Alyssa's hair into a braid.

"There was this one time where she—" I was interrupted by my connecting door opening.

Inez peeked her head in, made a little face, and shut the connecting door.

Shit that probably looked bad. I was in my bed, braiding some girls hair that she didn't know, and laughing.

"Well you're fucked." Leena said in the silence that followed after the door shut.

•••Inez•••

INEZ HAD NO right to feel angry at Walker. She knew that, but she couldn't help it.

He just looked so incredibly happy at that moment, almost in love. And that moment was when he was talking to that random girl. I mean she was gorgeous, no wonder.

Walker and Inez were not dating, and she couldn't believe she even let herself even entertain the thought if they did date.

Inez was petty, and jealous, and those feelings are the worst combination.

She heard a banging in her connecting door and heard Walkers muffled voice.

Then, her doorknob twisted and in walked Walker, with his hair messed up and his cheeks red. He looked cute like that and Inez had to look away so he couldn't see her blushing.

God he had been flirting with another girl and she called him cute.

"Uhm I actually have to go meet the guy at the ice cream shop right now, so I'll see you later" she said, rushing around her room and collecting item that she needed. She grabbed her phone and lip oil and headed toward her hotel door.

"Wait! Inez just wait! Just let me exp—"

"No no no it's fine, but I'm gonna be late so I really should get going, have fun!" She said hurriedly, and exited the room. She sped down the hallway and took the stairs instead of the elevator.

Ignoring him and going to meet with the ice cream boy was really low of Inez, but she was petty and jealous. She was also stubborn and prideful, and talking about her feelings scared her.

She was scared of the mushy feeling Walker gave her every time he put his arm around her shoulder, and even more scared of the butterflies her stomach had when he laughed. She was scared of ruining their friendship, and ruining their current happiness.

Inez was in love with Walker Scobell and she was scared.