~sunset~

"OK MAN WHAT IS UP" Javon said to Inez after set one day.

Three days had gone by since their arguement. Three days without seeing the sunset. Three days without making eye cancer jokes. Three days without laughing until she cried.

"The sky" she said nonchalantly, flipping to the next page of her script. She re-read her words over and over again, even though they had already been seared into her brain.

"Don't play with me Inez. When Dean brought up the kiss scene coming up, Walker should have been jumping with joy, but instead he awkwardly looked to the side." Javon stated, putting his hands on his hips.

"I don't see why this is any of your business Javon." She spoke snarkley, ignoring his kiss comment.

The kiss scene was something Inez a few weeks ago would have been secretly excited for, counting down the days till the cameras would catch it. But that was before both of them snapped at each other, and now she was dreading it.

"Well maybe it's not my business but Dean is worried. You guys are supposed to be close in the movie, and if you are gonna be stiff the whole time it's not gonna work!" He said in a exasperated tone.

She put down her script on the coffee table in front of her. Dean and Javon were right. This movie was supposed to be her big break, and she wasn't letting some boy ruin that.

"I'll go talk to him" she announced, standing up and smoothing out invisible wrinkles on her pants.

Javons shoulders visibly relaxed and he went back to same old Javon, collapsing on her couch.

"Bet let me know when you guys are done" he called out as she closed the door to her trailer. Inez turned on her phone to see that it was 4:30.

She opened her messages and clicked on Walkers profile. The last message was sent 3 days ago, when he sent her a TikTok about how blue eyes affect your body.

She hesitated over her phone keys before typing her text.

———
Centipedes‼️

Hey let's meet up at the beach
delivered just now

Ok👍

———

Inez biked over to their normal beach spot, taking her time to plan out what she was going to say to him.

When she arrived, she saw his bike already on the concrete near the entrance, thrown carelessly to the side. She huffed and set both of their bikes in the bike rack.

She walked past the dunes to see him sitting on a blanket, looking at the sun slowly fade down the horizon.

The colors painted his face with multicolored shadows and lit up his eyes with joy.

She stepped up behind him, and when he heard her soft footsteps on the sand, he turned around. "Inez, you're here"

"Put your bike in the stand next time idiot"

"I was in a rush!" He defended.

After a few seconds of silence, he said, "What did you want to talk about?"

She turned to face him, tearing her gaze away from the sunset. "I'm sorry. I didn't give you a chance to explain at all because I was emotional and I really, really miss you"

The same, full teeth smile that Inez had missed so much in the past few days spread across Walkers face. His eyes crinkled at the corners and his nose scrunched up like it always did when he was happy.

"Inez, part of it was my fault, I mean, I get how that must have looked anyways" he explained, making eye contact with her.

"Stop taking the blame, I was incredibly stupid in that moment" she said, ducking her head down in embarrassment.

"I was learning how to braid her hair so I could braid yours" he blurted out.

I mean, she was not expecting the explanation to be that simple. Oh god she was an idiot.

"You...mentioned that you were emotional in that moment? What emotions?" He said with a sly grin.

She turned her head away, hiding her blush.

"C'mon, say it!" He teased, nudging her shoulder.

"You already know" she muttered.

His smile seemed to grown impossibly wider. "Yeah but I wanna hear you say it"

She looked down. "I was jealous"

"Inez, I was insanely, incredibly, and crazily jealous of you and that ice cream boy" he confessed.

Her head snapped up.

"Inez I carry bandaids everywhere I go in your favorite color because you're so clumsy and you always seem to fall on set. I will watch the most stupidest videos and I will immediately think of you. I don't even have a side of the bed, I just wanted to be near you, and whenever I make a joke, I find myself naturally looking over at you to see if you found it funny. I am so in love with you. Inez you're as pretty as the sunset" he blurted out, turning his head and body so that she saw him.

Inez was flabbergasted.

Astounded.

Astonished.

In love.

She smiled, and when he smiled back at her with a look that she couldn't quite describe, she melted a little bit.

"Can I kiss you?" He asked.

She nodded and he leaned in, closing the distance between them, their lips meeting in a sweet, tender kiss. His hand moved up on her face and he cupped her cheek, pulling her closer. She reached forward and ran her hands through his curls, savoring every electric feeling that happened when they touched.

They stayed like that for a few seconds, letting the sun sink lower into the sky. The ocean created a gentle lapping of waves in the background, reaching up the sand. They broke the kiss, but Walker kept himself close to her body.

The sunset created a soft glow, and Walkers hair caught the golden light, highlighting his curls.

"Inez, can I be your boyfriend?" He asked.

"Yes" she said with a smile, and kissed him again.